Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

integra with an automatic

nicholas9walter
06-18-2005, 02:25 AM
I am looking for a car in the 5-9 thousand dollar range right now for a close friend who hates manual transmission and never wants to drive one. She wants a car that takes off at a decent speed, not too fast (she is a woman driver) but also not ridiculously slow. I was curious as to if the integra with an automatic transmission with a 1.8 liter engine would be a good choice? please get back to me with any suggestions, thank you very much.

RaceMyGhost
06-18-2005, 02:58 AM
the integra would be a great choice. Its a sporty, reliable car.

nicholas9walter
06-18-2005, 03:17 AM
do you think the take off would be fast enough?

K2sInteg98
06-18-2005, 03:54 PM
of course its not gonna be the same as a manual but its still decent

eckoman_pdx
06-20-2005, 03:08 PM
An auto teg still drives with some pep, it should be fast enough for her needs. For street driving it will definatly take off fast enough. She can always test drive the one she finds before she buys. That way she'll know for sure whehter she likes it. I think it'd be a good choice though. :2cents:

Shaguar47
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey, do the auto's come with overdrive?

abrammicah
06-20-2005, 05:48 PM
I had an 89 1.6 LS 4Door that was an automatic. Even that car had good pep. A newer one would defonately suite her needs. For your price range, I don't think you could find a better car.

eckoman_pdx
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey, do the auto's come with overdrive?

No, 94+ B18B1 automatics don't have an overdrive. They are a 4 speed electronically controlled tranny. The transmission control computer is a seperate computer from the ecu, unlike in the 92-00 civics where the tranny is handled by the ecu. The tegs have a seperate tranny control computer. It's the kind that "learns" your driving style. I know the tranny computer code for 94 or 95 automatics is P72. No overdrive though.

Shaguar47
06-22-2005, 05:04 PM
No, 94+ B18B1 automatics don't have an overdrive. They are a 4 speed electronically controlled tranny. The transmission control computer is a seperate computer from the ecu, unlike in the 92-00 civics where the tranny is handled by the ecu. The tegs have a seperate tranny control computer. It's the kind that "learns" your driving style. I know the tranny computer code for 94 or 95 automatics is P72. No overdrive though.

Dangit, I was hoping there would be an overdrive on their. But it's nice how the computer is seperate from the ecu. So how is it when on the interstate. Does it rev up there or is the 4 gear pretty low?

EZFrank
06-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Why does she need to take off so fast just asking.

eckoman_pdx
06-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Dangit, I was hoping there would be an overdrive on their. But it's nice how the computer is seperate from the ecu. So how is it when on the interstate. Does it rev up there or is the 4 gear pretty low?

I like it, it cruises at a nice rpm for my taste. It's not up there in te rpms, but it's not way to low. I'd say it's about right. I've driven a camrey with overdrive and it's not like the 4th in that car without overdrive It cruises nicely on the freeway, but certainly has more kick to it.

Shaguar47
06-26-2005, 08:21 AM
One more question. Do the integra auto's last longer than the civic auto's do? I've heard such bad things about the automatics in civics and how they start falling apart around 150k. Are the integ auto's durable if you drive them reasonably and not push them all the time?

faygo_freak
06-27-2005, 02:06 AM
i had a 96 4-door cavalier LS automatic had some good get up and go...i think it had around 130-140 HP (at crank i beleive) and the torque was around the same as HP...would chirp tires just as well as my dads v-6 grand am

eckoman_pdx
06-27-2005, 02:23 AM
One more question. Do the integra auto's last longer than the civic auto's do? I've heard such bad things about the automatics in civics and how they start falling apart around 150k. Are the integ auto's durable if you drive them reasonably and not push them all the time?

Now that I don't know, whether it lasts longer than the civic auto or not. I would suspect it is a little better though, based on the fact they went further with the control by making it electronically controlled using a seperate computer...that is, as long as you don't abuse it, you do the proper mantiance, etc. If I find out any more I'll let you know.

Shaguar47
06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Now that I don't know, whether it lasts longer than the civic auto or not. I would suspect it is a little better though, based on the fact they went further with the control by making it electronically controlled using a seperate computer...that is, as long as you don't abuse it, you do the proper mantiance, etc. If I find out any more I'll let you know.

Thanks man!

eckoman_pdx
06-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Thanks man!

No problem!!!:)

Add your comment to this topic!