acceleration problem...

94J30t
06-14-2005, 09:19 PM
dont know if anyone has any ideas but when i accelerate very lightly (i.e. stop and go traffic) as the RPM's increase the acceleration gets slightly jumpy, nothing bad but enough to feel in the car. I hooked the car up to the scanner and ran movie on it then reviewed it and saw nothing abnormal in the sensor readings. so i back probed the TPS sensor and i found no dead spots in the rheostat as it opened and closed. i have slow acceleration (throttle response) after it warms up as well....new air filter, intake cleaned, valves cleaned, fuel system cleaned, injectors, fuel filter.....tried about everything maintanance related to no avail.

it accelerates hella awsome when its cold but the throttle response goes down hill as temp increases.

thanks ahead of time for any input

dan

j30tman
06-15-2005, 12:14 AM
I have the same problem here with my '93 j30t. Mine has about 119k on it. Someone shed some light on this.

Underground_Killah
06-15-2005, 04:01 AM
have you checked your spark plugs or the coils?

94J30t
06-15-2005, 10:44 PM
no i guess i could replace the plugs, whats everyone running in their 30s? well i should say what works best with the vg30de?

oh and to the coil comment i already dont like you...lol those things are expensive as hell. i think i found some on ebay for $100 each, id need 6 thats a lot of money for a college boy ha hhaaaaa

thanks for the input, ill keep you updated

Nahkapohjola
06-23-2005, 01:49 AM
...it accelerates hella awsome when its cold but the throttle response goes down hill as temp increases.

O2 sensors give not input - COLD. For that reason TPS is by ECU used to guess how to inject. After warmup, A/T uses TPS, engine ctrl uses O2.

Oxidated connectors, clean.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Ol' cars need goundings tuneup, new gnd wires.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/10

Underground_Killah
06-23-2005, 03:04 AM
btw, sometimes on ebay the coils are like 15.00... but i'd trust only brand new parts instead of used..especially with the coils...

i use bosch platinum +4 plugs

Nahkapohjola
06-24-2005, 02:04 AM
btw,....
i use bosch platinum +4 plugs

Bosch: the only plug set that may die all at once. Keep ol grasscutter autolites &tool in trunk to get home...

Add your comment to this topic!