Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Park Ave Electrical Problem

Rharrigal
05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Car started normal but died suddenly while backing down the driveway (like loosing your power in your house). Starter won't crank when the key is turned but I do notice 2 relays click while trying to crank. Most electronics work except the wipers and radio. None of the indicator lights work so it seems like a relay or fusable link went. I checked all the plug in fuses in the drivers and passengers side and they are OK. The car did sit a couple of days after a big storm and there was a wet carpet on the drivers side. Can anyone tell me which relay or fusable link could cause this problem?

dsponholz
05-24-2005, 01:28 PM
I had same problem at gas station, the 2 relays are under the glove box right? if those are the ones i just seperated then (they were too close together) and it is working fine for me now...
hope it helps

Rharrigal
05-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I had same problem at gas station, the 2 relays are under the glove box right? if those are the ones i just seperated then (they were too close together) and it is working fine for me now...
hope it helps

Probably a different problem. The car was cold (50 degrees) when the power went out. I will have to chase out the positive off the battery with a voltmeter. The dealer was no help unless I wanted to have them do the work. He did say that to start with the small lead off the positive terminal which goes to a group of relays.

Add your comment to this topic!