Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Window

lynchmob
04-11-2002, 07:52 AM
I have an problem with my passenger side power window. It works intermittently. It seems to not work when it rains/is humid. I removed the interior panel. The switch seems fine. I suspect the motor. How do I remove the motor/check the mechanical assembly with the window up? I can't get it to work at all now. Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Any help would be appreciated.

jasonbouchard
04-15-2002, 10:08 AM
ok, take the door off and take the switch off so you can see the connections , and unplug it , then get some carberator cleaner (kmart walmart) and spray it all over the switch (not pluged in) , then unplug the battery and then spray the plugs that snap into the switch , my driver side used to stick once it was all the way down . seemed like it got no power when it was comming or trying to come up , and ever since i cleaned it it worked better , the cleaner is not conductive , from what i hear atleast , well hope that works if not , just uy a switch for a 50 bucks or whatever . later

Speechless
04-15-2002, 11:00 AM
thank you

thank you

and

thank you

jasonbouchard
04-15-2002, 02:51 PM
sorry , i was being a real member and even checkin up on the teg forum at school, with the stupid slow macs we have , and it would freeze while posting, o well i got the point across right ?

Add your comment to this topic!