Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Probe wont start

eclipseracer92
04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Haha this might sound kind of funny but my dad recently disabled my 92 probe lx. My car has a fuel pump shut-off switch located in the trunk. :grinno: Sure enough this is how my dad so called disable my car my question is how do i reset this switch it says to look at the owners manual but i dont have one so i have no idea how to reset this switch please help. :eek7:

shawnwilliams
04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
i'm pretty sure for the first generation probe you have to take it in to the dealership or a pro. Its not as simple as just flipping a switch for this model. I was in a accident and it shut off the gas and i found the dealership trying to find out how to turn it back on b/c it was just a fender bender and they said there's now way i'll be able to do it myself, and to bring it in.

Russ06
04-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Haha this might sound kind of funny but my dad recently disabled my 92 probe lx. My car has a fuel pump shut-off switch located in the trunk. :grinno: Sure enough this is how my dad so called disable my car my question is how do i reset this switch it says to look at the owners manual but i dont have one so i have no idea how to reset this switch please help. :eek7:

I know this will sound funny, but with you not having a manual I understand your problem. The switch for your fuel cut out is in your trunk; that is the reset button. I don't see how that could be the problem if you've pushed on the switch to reset it. Be careful if you smell gas don't mess with it anymore and tow it to a repair shop. There must be something else that's causing the car not to start. I've had my 94 pgt for approx. 2 1/2 years, and I am now replacing the ingnition distributor which may be the problem (approx. $250. 300.), unfortunetly it may also be a timing belt issue which is quite more expensive because there's two belts. Hope this is some help, but I don't think it's the fuel cutout. P.S. Does the car turnover?

eclipseracer92
04-25-2005, 03:05 PM
yes the engine does turnover and i do smell fuel now after messing with the reset switch. I think i found out what the problem is though. My dad being as lame as he is took a few relays out under the dash and thats why my car wont start. I no i must have these for my car to run but can i bypass it in anyway possible????

Add your comment to this topic!