Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fail Safe or Broken Circuit Breakers

swimshark
04-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok I recently had a really bad wreck in my J30 and we sadly had to call it totaled. Right now it is at my house and we have torn away the front end to expose the front of the engine. The battery was crushed also but we got another battery to hook up to try and see if the engine will turn over. When we hook up the battery and open the doors the lights will not come on. When the wreck happened the the lights still worked and according to the clock on the inside the battery died promptly at 3:40 that next morning. If anyone has any ideas or knowledge about the electrical on a J30 it would be helpful. I think the engine is still in good shape and I might be able to sell it to a Nissan dealer but I need to find out first if the engine will turn over but since the electrical will not work it is hard to do.

swimshark
04-27-2005, 08:27 PM
well thanks for replying i woukld atleast want something helpful

Nahkapohjola
04-28-2005, 01:58 PM
well thanks for replying i woukld atleast want something helpful

...your problem needs some good pics pasted here. Blind answers are pure dicey... they dont help anyone.

If harness was cut, the only way is to rip off the shields and solder all wires one by one together by matching exact color codes...and insulate. Still that does not quarantee ECU will work for u: wreck shorts might have destroyed circuitry.

swimshark
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
well we got power to the rest of the car but the key and the shift has locked up. i think it is the security system not allowing us to turn the key or to shift into other gears. it sounds stupid but does anyone know how to override this? it is our car and all we need to do is see if the engine will turn over because thge rest of the car is wrecked. if we can get the engine to turn over than we can sell it which will make our totaled car not a complete loss.

Nahkapohjola
04-29-2005, 09:59 AM
well we got power to the rest of the car but the key and the shift has locked up. ...

- typically ign keylock is jammed as the steering is pinched. As u dont provide pics, one cannot guess the situation... If there is some kinda electric lock (doubt that), just find its solenoid and give directly +12V...
- shift linkage may be disengaged, and then gear manually selected beside tranny. Also shift selector lock solenoid can be activated with batt voltage bypass (open panels around the stick).
- inhibit relay (as name implies) will not let startup if security activates it. Inhibit -or- any relay contact pins may be shorted with wire to get bypass. In maxima that relay box sits beside batt, under water reservoir... Without manual/schema/pics this might be somewhat problematic...

swimshark
05-02-2005, 10:49 PM
i got it fixed
and even after the car has been wrecked the engine still works

Add your comment to this topic!