Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Idle problem

bargersaudio
04-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Ok here it is. I replaced the KLZE engine in my 93 because it locked up. It ran like a top until this happened. The engine I replaced it with ran great but when left to idle would stall. You then had to turn the key the whole way to off wait a few seconds and start it again. When I put this in my car I replaced all the sensors with the ones from my old engine. The only thing I did not replace was the EGR valve. The engine runs great but when left to idle it now idles up and down and sometimes just stalls. I no longer have to turn the key off again before starting. I used my old intake and replaced all gaskets. I am clueless here to what can be causing this. Anyone have any thoughts????????? I am up for trying anything!!!!!!!!!!
Denny

Probenit94
04-21-2005, 07:54 AM
it sounds like it could be your mass air flow try that same thing happend to me. test your battery it sounds weird but i had a bad battery and my car had a wierd idle and my car stailed on me try it

bargersaudio
04-21-2005, 09:05 AM
it sounds like it could be your mass air flow try that same thing happend to me. test your battery it sounds weird but i had a bad battery and my car had a wierd idle and my car stailed on me try it

I have done all that. I have been told it is the ect sensor. I replaced it once with a used one. I just ordered a new one will try it tonight. I did think it was the battery at first also but I just replaced it. I also noticed under a load the car accelerates great up to around 4000 rpm then slacks off.

Probenit94
04-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Well i hope it works out my probe is acting funny too . but i just replaced the battery and it fixed it. i was idleing really low and then i had a bad battery. what does 2.0 probes idle at mine idles and the bettween frist and sec line above 0

bargersaudio
04-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I have done all that. I have been told it is the ect sensor. I replaced it once with a used one. I just ordered a new one will try it tonight. I did think it was the battery at first also but I just replaced it. I also noticed under a load the car accelerates great up to around 4000 rpm then slacks off.

Well I replaced the ECT sensor with a new one, replaced the fan control sensor with new, and checked all the wiring. Still no good results from any of these. I also replaced a O2 sensors on the front had a broken wire on it. I am not sure what to do now. I am going to pull the intake this weekend and check all the hoses, I already replaced the gaskets but will do that again also. I am thinking about blocking the EGR valve since I have headers and the exchanger tube is just kinked off.

bargersaudio
04-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Ok here it is. I replaced the KLZE engine in my 93 because it locked up. It ran like a top until this happened. The engine I replaced it with ran great but when left to idle would stall. You then had to turn the key the whole way to off wait a few seconds and start it again. When I put this in my car I replaced all the sensors with the ones from my old engine. The only thing I did not replace was the EGR valve. The engine runs great but when left to idle it now idles up and down and sometimes just stalls. I no longer have to turn the key off again before starting. I used my old intake and replaced all gaskets. I am clueless here to what can be causing this. Anyone have any thoughts????????? I am up for trying anything!!!!!!!!!!
Denny

Well problem fixed. Not sure what it was, I pulled the intake replaced a few hard vacum lines plugged the EGR valve and siliconed the intake gaskets. The vehicle runs like new again with loads of power.

jworm420
04-27-2005, 11:05 AM
What did you do to plug the EGR... I had a blazer that i made a plate to eliminate the egr but the the truck ran eaven worce...... My probe 2.0 is doing the same thing yours was minus the stalling... and im thinking its the egr, and my power band seems to drop off at about 3800-4000 rpm as well.

bargersaudio
04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
What did you do to plug the EGR... I had a blazer that i made a plate to eliminate the egr but the the truck ran eaven worce...... My probe 2.0 is doing the same thing yours was minus the stalling... and im thinking its the egr, and my power band seems to drop off at about 3800-4000 rpm as well.

I had a plug that was sent with the headers I used. It was a little green plug that fit in the hole. I left everything else hooked up to the egr valve as it was. What else will cause this power problem is the VIRS 1 and 2 valves.

Add your comment to this topic!