Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hard decision!

bh04
04-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Ok, I know i've talked about this before but it is such a tough decision.

RIMS!

I'm sure a lot of you are tired of hearing of it, but it's probably one of the hardest decisions on an upgrade for your Cavy. Am I right?

I just don't know whether to get 17's or 18's. SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be getting some soon, and don't know what to get. I want 18's really really bad, but not sure if the extra like $200 is worth it for the same rim or go with 17's and save $200 for just one inch.

Opinions would be really awesome. :banghead: :screwy:

DannMann99
04-03-2005, 09:56 AM
well if your upgrading from stock. id say a nice set of chrome 17's would be great, but. its up to you. 200$ could be spent on another upgrade y'know?

Classicrocjunkie
04-03-2005, 10:31 AM
18's... you won't regret it. Try to buy a package of them already balanced.

01Cavy
04-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I've got 18s...love them to death too. No regreats about it!

And as CRJ said buy some that come balanced. www.wheelmax.com offers free shipping on wheel and tire packages and mounts and balances them for you. Add $60 to the total wheel and tire package price for the mount and balance and lugs.

PsychoJJ
04-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Seems I wasnt the only person asking this question within. I had the same problem but in the end I went with 17's. I didnt see the point in paying that much extra for an inch and I also didnt want to sacrifice anymore power thanks to even more rolling weight. 17's gave me a much better balance of looks and power. For some reason that extra inch made a big difference in killing my power.

I tried my buddies 18's on my car and it seemed like I was being push started off the line. :lol2:

bh04
04-03-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't understand why this has to be such a hard decision. And I like getting input from all of you too. ANd eac person has there own reason why they went with one size over the other.

I guess I could buy two different kinds and sizes....that would solve it wouldn't you think.

DannMann99
04-03-2005, 06:14 PM
18's for the back, 17's for the front eh?

bh04
04-03-2005, 06:16 PM
No, a set of 18's and a set of 17's. 4 rims and tires for each size. Then I won't have to worry about it anymore, and have both sizes.

inarifennec
04-04-2005, 02:41 AM
I went with 17's I have to agree with psycho. I didn't wanna pay that much for just one more inch. and they look very nice tucked under my car and the inch or so drop.

PsychoJJ
04-04-2005, 03:00 AM
I went with 17's I have to agree with psycho. I didn't wanna pay that much for just one more inch. and they look very nice tucked under my car and the inch or so drop.

See, seems Im not the only cheap ass around here. I cant be like some of the little rich mammas boys I see at some of the meets I go to that suck off the teet that is their parents wallets. :lol2: I mean come on WTF is up with an extra $100 to in some cases $400 for a god damn inch. I build houses for a living and in my business an inch can make or break a whole project but give me a break here. An inch isnt that big a deal in the grander scheme of things.

From the sounds of it though you have the money and from what Ive seen dont seem to be too concered with power so I would just say hell with it and get the 18's.

And just as a side note. No offense was entended for any of you who do get all your car mods paid for by other people but just in case no offense was taken I would just like to say on my own behalf I hope you rott in hell and are proud of the fact that in your next life you will come back as a leach you money sucking whores.

Yet again though, I digress, no offense was intended by the above statement. :naughty:

Classicrocjunkie
04-04-2005, 09:21 AM
I have a set of used 17's that i bought for 350... wish i would have held out for 18's though.

angel_iz378
04-04-2005, 01:10 PM
well if your upgrading from stock. id say a nice set of chrome 17's would be great, but. its up to you. 200$ could be spent on another upgrade y'know?

:iagree: in the end, as far as looks are concerned, you won't be able to tell much difference with one inch. in the long run, you'll also come to apreciate the difference in price for TIRES that one inch makes. like Dann said the extra $200 could be used for something else, like the better tires insted of the cheapest. :icon16:

Classicrocjunkie
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
The one inch differene in going from 17-18" tires was nothing on the ones i just bought.

01Cavy
04-04-2005, 10:54 PM
:iagree: in the end, as far as looks are concerned, you won't be able to tell much difference with one inch. in the long run, you'll also come to apreciate the difference in price for TIRES that one inch makes. like Dann said the extra $200 could be used for something else, like the better tires insted of the cheapest. :icon16:

You can tell the difference between 17s and 18s. I have yet to have anyone ask me if I had 17s...its always been are they 18s or 19s?

bh04
04-05-2005, 10:55 AM
See, seems Im not the only cheap ass around here. I cant be like some of the little rich mammas boys I see at some of the meets I go to that suck off the teet that is their parents wallets. :lol2: I mean come on WTF is up with an extra $100 to in some cases $400 for a god damn inch. I build houses for a living and in my business an inch can make or break a whole project but give me a break here. An inch isnt that big a deal in the grander scheme of things.

From the sounds of it though you have the money and from what Ive seen dont seem to be too concered with power so I would just say hell with it and get the 18's.

And just as a side note. No offense was entended for any of you who do get all your car mods paid for by other people but just in case no offense was taken I would just like to say on my own behalf I hope you rott in hell and are proud of the fact that in your next life you will come back as a leach you money sucking whores.

Yet again though, I digress, no offense was intended by the above statement. :naughty:

It's nice that you voice your opinion, but I think you took it a little bit to far. I can understand where you're coming from though. I like haring different peoples opinion about certain items. And from what I have been hearing, it just makes me think about buying two different sizes wheel sets.

Just for the sake of others on these forums, try not to get pissed off and yell and scream at others for voicing there opinion as well.

bh04
04-05-2005, 11:01 AM
I want to try and stay away from chrome. I want a nice looking set of polished silver or plain old silver. BUT if I see a nice set of chrome that I am really into, i'll put them in the top whatever for rims I am looking at buying.

As of now, I have been on wheelmax.com lately and see a lot of awesome deals on wheel & tire packages.

If anybody has pictures or advice on what types of rims to get (i.e. 5 spoke, 6 spoke, or anything along that line), email them to me or post.

I just want a good set of good looking rims. I know that tirerack.com and tires.com have a flash deal where you can see rims on your car, but they might not look the same in real life.

01Cavy
04-05-2005, 05:02 PM
The rims I got from wheelmax are in my sig. Exel Ennio 18x7" Gunmetal

Classicrocjunkie
04-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Drop that bitch! Holy 4x4 batman!

bh04
04-05-2005, 05:17 PM

What brand of tires came with those rims? What brand tires do you have?

PsychoJJ
04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
It's nice that you voice your opinion, but I think you took it a little bit to far. I can understand where you're coming from though. I like haring different peoples opinion about certain items. And from what I have been hearing, it just makes me think about buying two different sizes wheel sets.

Just for the sake of others on these forums, try not to get pissed off and yell and scream at others for voicing there opinion as well.

WTH are you talking about? :screwy: First off, that wasnt even close to me "getting pissed off and screaming at everyone". And second I wasnt singling out anyone. Now if someone would like me to single them out and take a few shots at them I would be more then happy to.

Next time, read into things just a touch deeper and you will see everything you need to. If all you do is scratch the surface of someones words and not the overall feeling in them then Im sure you would get the impression that all that was was me ranting and attacking people.

So if you read into that wrong that doesnt really make it my fault unless you have a guilty consence or something your not sharing with anyone.

01Cavy
04-05-2005, 09:40 PM
What brand of tires came with those rims? What brand tires do you have?

Hankook Ventus H405

01Cavy
04-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Drop that bitch! Holy 4x4 batman!

I have every intention to. Won't be for a while though. I'm going to try to get my car paid off by July while I still have two jobs.

RedCavalierRacer
04-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Alright, I am on that www.wheelsmax.com and I see a set of rims a like and it says "5x135"? are those to big for my car? I thought my bolt pattern was 5x114?

01Cavy
04-06-2005, 09:27 AM
5x100

bh04
04-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Whats nice is that my car is all paid off. I paid it off right away so I could save money for college and get that paid off then start buying upgrades for my car. So, After I get some rims, I am going to lower it.

Add your comment to this topic!