Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Super 95.5 Rodeo . .

Ramblin Fever
03-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Noticed your mileage count on the above thread was 247K+. Curious to know if you are still running on the original head gaskets and transmission?

Super 95.5 Rodeo
03-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Noticed your mileage count on the above thread was 247K+. Curious to know if you are still running on the original head gaskets and transmission?

Everything on this vehicle is original factory equipment when I bought it new. The only items not original are maintenance items like timing belts, water pump, shocks, O2 sensor, brake pads and rotors and the right front axel assembly that was damaged in an accident several years back. The engine hasn't been "cracked open" yet. knock on wood. Even still using the original valve cover gaskets. Just now starting to see some leakage from those. Did have one spark plug well with oil in it the last time I changed the plugs.

Transmission is still original and never worked on except routine maintenance to change fluid.

Ramblin Fever
03-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Wow! That's something you never hear about too often.

Have a question about your maintenance ritual on the transmission; I understand it's an automatic?

How often are you servicing the tranny?

Do you have it flushed, or just drop the pan?

Just flushed mine 18K miles ago; having no issues, but would like to keep it that way.

Super 95.5 Rodeo
03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Wow! That's something you never hear about too often.

Have a question about your maintenance ritual on the transmission; I understand it's an automatic?

How often are you servicing the tranny?

Do you have it flushed, or just drop the pan?

Just flushed mine 18K miles ago; having no issues, but would like to keep it that way.

Have not serviced the tranny since 150000 miles. Need to do it now asap. At that time I took it to the dealer and told him to do preventive maint. on the tranny. Not sure what he did other than change fluid filter and seals. Cost about $250 for the service.

I really don't do anything out of the ordinary to maintain this vehicle. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I was considering lately about trading it in on a 2005 Mustang but made up my mind to keep it and refurb as necessary. Right now I only need to do some cosmetic repairs on the interior.

Ramblin Fever
03-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Great thank you for all your input!

Add your comment to this topic!