93 J30 Door locks.Help?

jwolfe34
03-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Have seen a few of you with door lock problems on here. Mine being the drivers side door stuck closed. Have done some electrical testing at main switch in drivers door. Am fairly sure is a mechanical issue w/latch. How can I get the door open to inspect mechanical components? Please help! Panel won't come off w/out getting door open.

Nahkapohjola
03-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Have seen a few of you with door lock problems on here. Mine being the drivers side door stuck closed. Have done some electrical testing at main switch in drivers door. Am fairly sure is a mechanical issue w/latch. How can I get the door open to inspect mechanical components? Please help! Panel won't come off w/out getting door open.

Its either u go through the panel, or u saw a hole on the outside. What u prefer?

I would take all out first, handles etc... The try to get the panel upper part lifted off as window is down. Use force, thats necessary. After that, win up. Your panel is a goner - maybe by luck u can now bend it get u hand inside to the latch. If not, has to be ripped off.

online manual www.autozone.com ;free login.

Speedy_1234
03-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Your you can break the window and it might cost you less instead of forceing the window down

Add your comment to this topic!