Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone have 2000 Intrigue specific remote program instructions?

Onblsht
03-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I have the 98-99 which is :

With doors closed:
1) Insert Key in ignition and turn to the run position.(do not start the car)

2) Turn key off and take it out of the ignition.

3) with the Driver side door lock switch, hold it in the Unlock position.

4) While holding the Drivers side door lock in the Unlock position, insert Key in ignition, without tunning it on, 3 times. On the third time, leave the key in the ignition.

5) Release the Drivers side door lock switch. You should here three door dings. If you do, this will indicate it is in the Keyless remote programing mode.

6) With your Remote, hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons at the same time untill you hear "two" door dings. This will indicate the remote is programed. (this can take upto 15 seconds) You can program up to 4 remotes while in this mode.

7) To stop keyless remote programing, Take key out of the ignition.

and the 01-02 is:

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

You may program up to 4 transmitters, using either of the two following procedures:

Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 1 - No Tools Required)
Close the vehicle doors.
Turn OFF the ignition.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the driver side door lock switch to the unlock position.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
Release the door lock switch. The body control module (BCM) will sound three chimes in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
Press the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter simultaneously for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will sound three chimes in order to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed.
Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
Verify the proper operation of each transmitter.
Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 2 - Scan Tool Required)
Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Use the scan tool in order to access the Body Control Module (BCM) Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.

Important
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 15 seconds, the BCM will sound three chimes in order to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.
Remove the scan tool.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

What is the procedure for the 00 model?

Burnout524
03-04-2005, 05:53 PM
My guess is that it would be the same as the 01-02 model year, since 2000 is when they made more significant changes. But incase I'm wrong, it probably wouldn't hurt to do either one.

spkgb
07-26-2005, 02:52 PM

With doors closed:
1) Insert Key in ignition and turn to the run position.(do not start the car)

2) Turn key off and take it out of the ignition.

3) with the Driver side door lock switch, hold it in the Unlock position.

4) While holding the Drivers side door lock in the Unlock position, insert Key in ignition, without tunning it on, 3 times. On the third time, leave the key in the ignition.

5) Release the Drivers side door lock switch. You should here three door dings. If you do, this will indicate it is in the Keyless remote programing mode.

6) With your Remote, hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons at the same time untill you hear "two" door dings. This will indicate the remote is programed. (this can take upto 15 seconds) You can program up to 4 remotes while in this mode.

7) To stop keyless remote programing, Take key out of the ignition.

and the 01-02 is:

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

You may program up to 4 transmitters, using either of the two following procedures:

Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 1 - No Tools Required)
Close the vehicle doors.
Turn OFF the ignition.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the driver side door lock switch to the unlock position.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
Release the door lock switch. The body control module (BCM) will sound three chimes in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
Press the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter simultaneously for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will sound three chimes in order to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed.
Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
Verify the proper operation of each transmitter.
Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 2 - Scan Tool Required)
Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Use the scan tool in order to access the Body Control Module (BCM) Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.

Important
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 15 seconds, the BCM will sound three chimes in order to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.
Remove the scan tool.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

What is the procedure for the 00 model?
I tried this on my wife's '00 Intrigue and it worked like a charm!!!!!!! The owner's manual left out a few steps (1-5). I think GM probably did it on purpose just to make you go to the dealer and spend $60 for something you can do yourself in about 60 seconds.

stevewidz
03-01-2006, 07:22 AM
I followed these steps extactly for my 98 Intrigue. However, when I do this step, the horn chirps 3 times and the remote still doesn't work. What does this mean?

Onblsht
03-03-2006, 11:43 PM
You sure you have the right remote for your 98 Intrigue?

It should be FCC: ABO0204T / GM: 10246215

stevewidz
03-06-2006, 06:08 PM
You sure you have the right remote for your 98 Intrigue?

It should be FCC: ABO0204T / GM: 10246215
Yup. That's the remote that I have. I tried it again this weekend, and I get the same result.

Someone said the above instructions were not quite right for the 98 Intrigue. Does anyone else have any alternate programming instructions?

Add your comment to this topic!