Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 3.2 rodeo getting to much fuel

CanadianRanger
02-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Does any body know whether a leaking fuel pressure regulator can cause the engine itself to get to much gas. I have a puzzling problem. The engine runs but not very well and after only running for a moment the spark plugs are all entirely soaked with gas and raw fuel can be seen spitting out onto the ground.
All mechanical systems hae been checked I.E. Timing belt, compression, plug wires, catalytic converter, fuel pressure( Steady at 40-41psi) and I also replaced the crankshaft position sensor, all to no effect. The only things left that I can think would be the problem could be the regulator, the ignition module or the computer, but it seems to me that the ignition module should be alright since there is obviously spark there. So I am stuck thinking that it must be one of those two things. Also of note the vehicle idles very roughly. But when hooked up to run off of acetylene it idled perfectly.
Note it is a 94 3,2l auto 4x4 with pw pdl, an ac

Any help even wild ideas are greatly appreciated

steveb_92rodeo
02-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Are your injectors spraying in a nice clean cone shape? It's possible that one of your injectors is sticking open.

Steve

CanadianRanger
02-25-2005, 10:16 AM
thought about that but when i checked the spark plugs all six seem to be soaked. So it would have to be all six sticking at once, but I guess stranger things have happened. Any idea how i would check this

2eyefishclaw
02-25-2005, 07:05 PM
leaking injectors very common

CanadianRanger
02-27-2005, 08:25 AM
is there anyway to determine if the injectors are sticking open. without pulling the whole intake oof and fuel rail out an checking them individually

CanadianRanger
02-27-2005, 08:26 AM
also it seems kind of strange for them to all stick open at once

Add your comment to this topic!