Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 pa fuel pump where is it and why is it not working?

volkerc
02-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Hello everybody,
need help fast, my car stopped today and will not start again.
there is no fuel at the fuel rails. i have a 91 park. so my question is where is the fuel pump located? and anybody with ideas let me know what you think could stopped the pump from working...?
also need to know location of fuel pump relais...(there are so many...)

volkerc
02-10-2005, 09:40 AM
ok, i also checked for codes.nothing no codes.???

kaspr
02-10-2005, 01:43 PM
The fuel pump is in the gas tank. When you turn the key on (but not start), you should hear the fuel pump actuate. If you don't hear anything, it's probably not getting power. If the symptoms have been gradual, such as a loss of power when accelerating, then I would say it's probably the fuel pump.

volkerc
02-10-2005, 02:16 PM
The fuel pump is in the gas tank. When you turn the key on (but not start), you should hear the fuel pump actuate. If you don't hear anything, it's probably not getting power. If the symptoms have been gradual, such as a loss of power when accelerating, then I would say it's probably the fuel pump.
power was always good. all of a sudden the car just stopped.
roadside assistance determined no fuel coming to the engine. where should i look. i assumed the fuse for the fuel pump was on the driver side inside passenger compartment, now you posted in reference to my other question, that the fuse is on the passenger side inside the car..??

also how can i get to the fuel pump? do i have to drop the gas tank?

Vincenzo
02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
My 92 PAU needed one. It cost me $65 for the diagnosis but they at least determined that it was indeed the fuel pump. Replacing it is not for the faint of heart. We had it done in the shop and paid almost $500 plus the diagnosis, but at least we didn't blow up our garage! I have heard from another owner that she paid $800 for the same thing and she also pointed out that he was told that there is some kind of controller under the hood that costs another $4 or 500, but I'm hoping she was wrong 'cause we didn't have it repalced (if it even exists).

volkerc
02-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Just found the problem a wire at the 4 wire connector by the gas tank was cut in half, more in another post...

Add your comment to this topic!