flex pipe needs replacing

solarys
02-09-2005, 03:36 AM
Help Needed!! I need to replace my flex pipe, per my mechanic. Is it possible to replace only the flex pipe? If not what should I replace that includes the flex pipe? I have a '96 Infiniti I30. Any/all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

THT
02-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes, it's possible to repair the flex section of the downpipe. However, I would say just get an aftermarket downpipe as it would cost about the same and you'd gain power in the upper RPM range.

~THT

solarys
02-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Help Needed!! I need to replace my flex pipe, per my mechanic. Is it possible to replace only the flex pipe? If not what should I replace that includes the flex pipe? I have a '96 Infiniti I30. Any/all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Thanks!!

Nahkapohjola
02-10-2005, 03:37 AM

You can hear it when its time has ended. Then You want it changed. Just drive as long as it lasts. However, inspection will not pass if leaking.

The exhaust pipe should be evaluated as whole, and then you decide how long you will keep the car. That defines what is replaces if any.

solarys
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
You can hear it when its time has ended. Then You want it changed. Just drive as long as it lasts. However, inspection will not pass if leaking.

The exhaust pipe should be evaluated as whole, and then you decide how long you will keep the car. That defines what is replaces if any.

Can someone suggest a good website to purchase a replacement exhaust system for a 96 I30. I will get a professional evaluation of my exhaust system. Thanks in advance.

THT
02-10-2005, 10:38 PM
www.warpspeedperformance.com

If you're a member at maxima.org, you get a discount.

~THT

Add your comment to this topic!