Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Camry LE Keyless Remote Programming Nightmare

faisalalvi
02-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Hello Wisemen & Women out there,

I recently purchased a 1999 Toyota Camry LE. It did not come with a keyless entry remote so I bought one from the dealer. I bought programming instructions from Toyota TIS website.

I followed the instructions and opened up the mirror control switch to short Black/White (GND Pin 10) and Violet (PRG Pin 2) pins; but to my amazement there is no wire in Pin 2. In fact there is no Violet wire at all.

Cars manual says it is equipped with Keyless entry system with FCC ID: GQ43VT7T. TIS manual shows exact same remote that I have bought.

Can anybody help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Faisal.

don24mac
02-06-2005, 02:48 PM
I've never heard of needing to open the mirror switch. On my 2000 Camry, I had to program it by using the key and opening the door and closing the door. Actually, the following post explains exactly what I needed to do to program my remote. About half way down, look for Brian R's post (#10) for the 2000 Avalon. That is exactly the routine used for my 2000 Camry, too. (There also is a posting there about the procedure you are trying to use.)

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126305

There's other routines listed, too. If nothing on that page works. Here's a search for programing toyota remotes. You should find it there.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=769464

faisalalvi
02-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi Don,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried Brain's procedure but it does not work.

[QUOTE=don24mac]I've never heard of needing to open the mirror switch.

Same thread has following instructions:

Quote:
--
1999 Camry: This is an oddball....

Remove key from switch
Disconnect electrical connector from door mirror adjustment switch
Jump pins 2&10 in connector
Door locks will cycle
Press a button on remote
Door locks will cycle
If you have another remote, press any button on it
door locks will cycle
Remove jumper

Entering programming mode erases all previously programmed remotes
A maximum of 2 remotes can be programmed to a car.
--

This is exactly what Toyota TIS website procedure has; but my 1999 Camry LE does not have anything in Pin2 of the mirror adjustment electrical connector. It is an empty hole...

I still need some help!!!

Faisal.

cdlubbe
02-06-2005, 05:10 PM
HellO I bought a 1998 camry Le about 6 weeks ago.My owners manual also says my car has the keyless enrty.Come to find out,it did NOT have the factory installed keyless enrty.The manuals are not always correct.
But,the car does have the dealer installed RS3000 security System.I found this out after I bought the "Factory Installed" type remote,and it would not work.After this happened,I looked into this situation a little deeper,and figured out what I had.
My main module is behind the light dimmer/mirror control panel.
Once I found out what I had,it was pretty simple and painless to buy remotes.
Do you have a Security System Monitor Light on built into your dash near the dimmer control?That would tell you if you have a dealer installed keyless system.
I have been told if your car has the "Factory Installed" keyless entry,the main control module is more than likely under one of the front seats.
I was also told that if your car has the power drivers seat,then there is a good chance it has the "Factory Installed" keyless system.I know this sounds very confusing,but once you find out exactly what you have,it is not to bad.
If you do not have any type of keyless system on your car,you can buy the RS3000 systems still and have them installed or you can just have a remote starter system installed,and that should take care of all the problems.
I hope this helped clear up some of your questions.
Please let me know if I can help in any way.
Best Regards
' 309-792-5013

Onblsht
02-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Procedure for GQ43VT7T remotes:

1) With the key OUT of the ignition switch, locate and disconnect the power mirror control switch from the vehicle harness.(with tiny screwdiver you are able to take out the mirror switch control panel)

2) Use a suitable jumper wire (paper clip works), and connect terminal 2 (Purple wire) to terminal 10 (White/Black wire).

The vehicle will cycle the locks once to confirm programming mode.

3) Press and release any button on the remote.

The vehicle will cycle the locks once to confirm code received.

4) Program additional remotes by repeating step 3

5) Disconnect the jumper to exit programming mode.

6) Reconnect and reinstall the mirror switch

Madan
08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Hello Sir!,

I am also looking for Toyota Camry 1999 LE Remote Instructions. I would appreciate it if you could send those instructions (Hope you got it by now).

Thanks very much.

Madan

Hello Wisemen & Women out there,

I recently purchased a 1999 Toyota Camry LE. It did not come with a keyless entry remote so I bought one from the dealer. I bought programming instructions from Toyota TIS website.

I followed the instructions and opened up the mirror control switch to short Black/White (GND Pin 10) and Violet (PRG Pin 2) pins; but to my amazement there is no wire in Pin 2. In fact there is no Violet wire at all.

Cars manual says it is equipped with Keyless entry system with FCC ID: GQ43VT7T. TIS manual shows exact same remote that I have bought.

Can anybody help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Faisal.

molmik0510
02-13-2006, 10:22 PM
I have the same problem. Anybody solved the mistery of the missing 2nd pin?
My security system might be installed by dealer because I have a Monitor Light on built into the dash near the dimmer control. The main module is behind the light dimmer/mirror control panel, under the dashboard.
I've bought an identical keyless remote but I can not program using the offical technique.:banghead:
Please help me!!!!!

Thanks!!

Molmik

Onblsht
02-15-2006, 07:16 AM
There are 2 different remote systems for the 99 Camry.

GQ43VT7T is for the factory remote system and uses the above procedure.

BAB237131-022 (gray remote) is for the RS3000/VIP system, which uses a different procedure for programming.

molmik0510
02-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Well my remote has the following number on the back.FCC ID: ELVAT6B, and basically my car 1998 Camry LE. The key and the remote built together. I would send the picture but I do not know how.

One guy suggested to look in the trunk instead of the mirror switch. LOCATE BULB FAILURE WARNING MODULE IN TRUNK NEAR LH TRUNK HINGE AND DISCONNECT MULTI-PLUG. (LH-LEFT HAND SIDE)

Thanks for helping me out!

camry98le
02-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Look at the other post. I had given you the instructions.

molmik0510
02-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Thank you very much. It looks just what I need! I give a try and let you know!:tongue:

camry98le
02-20-2006, 05:00 PM
you're welcome. Hope this info will help you and other people out.

Thank you very much. It looks just what I need! I give a try and let you know!:tongue:

molmik0510
02-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Please look at my other post.
I need your help. I'm fumbler.:banghead:

Thanks!!:uhoh:

Add your comment to this topic!