Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

factory tape deck wont drop down fix?

chevyn0va1
01-17-2005, 09:22 AM
I never tired the tape deck but I did just recently the tape wont drop down or engage it just gets pushed right out at ya. (not that I want a tape deck) I'd like a cd player I'm aware you need the special faceplate is there anyother way to get a cd player in these cars? Im not crazy for the look of the differnt faceplate(like this one (http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/553000-553999/553935_14_full.jpg) Anyone have tips on fixing that tape player or at least have a dash photo shot of the differnt radio/faceplate?

Jet-Lee
01-17-2005, 12:50 PM
for cd's (I have no tape deck), I got a little dealy I plug into a portable cd-player, and it transmits over the radio. So I tune my radio to 88.7FM and adjust tracks with my cd-player in my lap (or on passenger's lap, seat, where-ever). Cost me ~$20 though from Wal-Mart.

chevyn0va1
01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
for cd's (I have no tape deck), I got a little dealy I plug into a portable cd-player, and it transmits over the radio. So I tune my radio to 88.7FM and adjust tracks with my cd-player in my lap (or on passenger's lap, seat, where-ever). Cost me ~$20 though from Wal-Mart.
I have seen and used them before I forgot all about it not a bad idea-lol

Add your comment to this topic!