Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MY new clutch..

eclipse2quick21
01-10-2005, 03:54 PM
i got my stage 1 exedy clutch put in, along with an exedy lightweight flywheel. my question is, why does my clutch have the burning smell clutches have when they are going out? its brand new, i dont ride the clutch bad, but i have to admit ive gotten down on it a couple times and shifted hard. but a couple times wouldnt make it go out already would it? it also does this with regular driving. is this possibly the smell of a new clutch? do i have anything to worry about?

boosted k20
01-10-2005, 04:20 PM
did u break in the clutch for a couple hundred miles before u got on it?

eclipse2quick21
01-10-2005, 09:15 PM
did u break in the clutch for a couple hundred miles before u got on it?

im still in the break in process right now. ive only got on it once or twice, not enough to hurt it i didnt think. i drive real easy on it, but it still smells. oh by the way, i bought the tsudo catback from nissangtrpower, its a kick ass exhaust. loud but deep.

boosted k20
01-11-2005, 09:26 AM
hey good to hear u baught the TSUDO exhaust!

for ur clutch issues, i wouldnt worry about it too much. the smell will go away after a while

95RSV
01-11-2005, 02:10 PM
I bought the TSUDO N1 last year from the same dude you mentioned. Not too loud nice deep tune.
I also have the Exedy Organic. I'm not sure if this is the same as the Stage 1 but just recently found out that this clutch can only handle an increase of 32% more torque which means I can't even turbo or supercharge my engine with this clutch.

Anyways I waited a good month until I actually gave my clutch a beating. Don't worry that smell won't last.

eclipse2quick21
01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I bought the TSUDO N1 last year from the same dude you mentioned. Not too loud nice deep tune.
I also have the Exedy Organic. I'm not sure if this is the same as the Stage 1 but just recently found out that this clutch can only handle an increase of 32% more torque which means I can't even turbo or supercharge my engine with this clutch.

Anyways I waited a good month until I actually gave my clutch a beating. Don't worry that smell won't last.

so did it do the same thing with yours, even after waiting a month? i bought the tsudo fireball style, i love it though, but it hangs hella low.

95RSV
01-16-2005, 06:56 PM
so did it do the same thing with yours, even after waiting a month? i bought the tsudo fireball style, i love it though, but it hangs hella low.

Well it did after I did a couple of burn outs. But the smell wouldn't last overnight. How long did your smell last? Did you even break it in or did you just abused it right from the get go?

I don't understand but all TSUDO exhausts hang low. It's not good especially when my car is lowered. I'm gonna reshape the hinges that connect to the rubber holders to raise it a bit when I install my new High Flow Cat.

gsr916
01-16-2005, 07:53 PM
im still in the break in process right now. ive only got on it once or twice, not enough to hurt it i didnt think. i drive real easy on it, but it still smells. oh by the way, i bought the tsudo catback from nissangtrpower, its a kick ass exhaust. loud but deep.

i bought my exhaust from that guy too, weird. u bought it off ebay, or did u go to his shop in sac?

CBURKE
01-17-2005, 08:16 AM
hey good to hear u baught the TSUDO exhaust!

for ur clutch issues, i wouldnt worry about it too much. the smell will go away after a while

man sorry off topic, but i love the integ in you sig!!! black on black baby........:bigthumb:

92lx
01-18-2005, 02:16 PM
it's like brand new brakes...for a few hundred miles they smell no matter what :-/

- Nathan

Add your comment to this topic!