Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

CV half shaft problem?

steveb_92rodeo
01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey all, I've had a myraid of problems with my '92 Isuzu Rodeo, 5spd 4x4 since I bought it.

I had major problems with fuel delivery like many others in this forum (with intermittant start problems), however, I decided to run new power feeds from the fusebox back to the fuel pump and all has been great for 2 weeks or so.

Aside from that, I noticed right away that 4x4 was not working. After troubleshooting, it turned out that power was being transmitted to 3 of the four tires, excluding the driver front. I tore the hub apart, to notice someone previous must of lost a retainer ring, and put the springs in the hub wrong. With the missing part, I had to retrofit the inards of the hub, so that even when 4x4 is not engaged, the wheel will turn the axle.

I'll have new hubs very soon, but now, my truck jerks uncontrollably, first it was at high speeds, now at all speeds >10Km/h. There is a little noise, but nothing significant.

I haven't had the time to take the hub apart again, so I'm wondering if anyone here believes that it could be a problem with the CV joint in the front half-shaft?

Regards,

Steve

Add your comment to this topic!