Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 eclipse

metallica21156
12-29-2004, 10:36 AM
my sister has a 97 eclipse GSX with a greedy power extrem cat-back exhaust and a greedy hard pipe for the turbo. shes running about 15 PSI on the stock motor. it has a 5 speed. i was talking to a friend of mine and he said her car will get crank walk. is this true or does it only happen to some. she had the clutch replaced at 80,000 miles. she bought the car used so we don't know if it had been done before but the shop guy said it didn't look like it. she does have a stiffer shift into gear but its always been like that and hasn't gotten worse. so is she going to get crank walk or not. the car now has 102,000 miles on it.

spyderturbo007
12-29-2004, 10:49 AM
There are about a million threads on this already, but I will post it again. CW is not a common thing (although you may hear about it a lot). Your friend is an idiot. Any car can CW not just the 4g63's. Normally, if you are going to get CW you get it by 60k (although I have heard of one guy that got it at 90k. All in all, it is not common and nothing to worry about. If you are worried about it, take it somewhere and have them measure the endplay on the crank, that will tell you for sure.

metallica21156
12-29-2004, 09:19 PM
ok thanks. i'll try to go see if i can get her to have it checked.

Add your comment to this topic!