Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Gt 1.8 Idle and Throtle problems

jdking101674
12-21-2004, 11:29 PM
I have a 1994 Gt 1.8 L. Went to lunch ran fine, restarted the car, after lunch and POW. Rough Idle and No Power. If I get the car going and get off the throttle it idles down find. But as soon as i get back on the throtle it feels constricted. Checked plugs burning wh color no oil or fluid. Cap and Rotor looks good as well as plugs. The car has always had a rich smelling exaust. I have a hunch its the Throttle Position Sensor, or the Cat is getting pluged.. any help would be great..

J.king Jax, FL

chevyn0va1
12-22-2004, 05:56 AM
I have a 1994 Gt 1.8 L. Went to lunch ran fine, restarted the car, after lunch and POW. Rough Idle and No Power. If I get the car going and get off the throttle it idles down find. But as soon as i get back on the throtle it feels constricted. Checked plugs burning wh color no oil or fluid. Cap and Rotor looks good as well as plugs. The car has always had a rich smelling exaust. I have a hunch its the Throttle Position Sensor, or the Cat is getting pluged.. any help would be great..

J.king Jax, FL

How about the O2 sensor? faulty 02 and faulty converter are normally related. Is your computer in the car on? I read on here you may be able to take ohm reading on the throttle position sensor. I havent done it and if you do let me know if it worked

jdking101674
12-22-2004, 11:01 AM
I installed fuel filter, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Now it runs smooth, but have white smoke when I step on the gas... at idle or in gear.. Still running rich, next im putting in a o2 sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!