Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turn signals working intermittently

autoforum
11-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Not the kind of intermittent that's consistent with normal operation :screwy: !

They won't work at all on occasion. I find that if I briefly turn on the hazzards that they will then work immediately afterward. This is especially cool when there's a cop on your tail. Fortunately, the rear is all red so the cop can construe the brief hazzards as a tap on the brake. However, this is quite annoying. I've only got 35 kmi on this 2000.

I'm expecting to replace the flasher whenever I find it, but I was just wondering if there was any other issues out there like this.

acemech129
11-23-2004, 05:41 PM
hi, turn signal flasher is part of hazard switch assy in dash, replace hazard switch and this will fix your problem. I cant count how many ive replaced, did 2 yesterday on 03 impalas, think they would fix this problem. Im expecting them to come out with a recall sooner or later since its such a common problem and a safety issue, good luck.

autoforum
11-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Thank you ace.

bermis519
11-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Yup..thats the problem, I had to have my hazard switch replaced also. Had it done about eight months ago and haven't had problems since. Easy fix.

Mike

jenuri
12-28-2004, 10:06 PM
hi, turn signal flasher is part of hazard switch assy in dash, replace hazard switch and this will fix your problem. I cant count how many ive replaced, did 2 yesterday on 03 impalas, think they would fix this problem. Im expecting them to come out with a recall sooner or later since its such a common problem and a safety issue, good luck.

Hi I'am having the same problem and i was wondering how exactly you replace the hazard switch and other things involved. Would help out very much. Thanks

Hazard.. :shakehead

Tador
01-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Good luck. If you call Chevy and tell them your turn signals are not working, they will tell you they are only recalling the Grand Am and Malibu. Even though they admitted to us it was a manufacturing defect and a safety hazard and they know no problems for the Impala.

billyo69
01-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I have the same problem with my 02.I was told the dealer will fix that hazard switch on a recall.Is that true?

acemech129
01-06-2005, 06:44 PM
no recalls yet on impala hazard switches, but i agree there should be, ive replaced my share at my dealership

Liquifire
12-17-2005, 05:55 AM
I have an 02 with this same problem. Is there a recall out on it now? Any new info on anything regarding this problem?

Gems
12-17-2005, 08:52 AM
I wonder if anyone has any links or instructions on replacing the hazard switch?

Add your comment to this topic!