Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 S-10 Blazer 4.3W Code 43

BLZNFUN
11-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Can someone point me to a site that has diagnostic steps (Step by step for what to check for) for checking codes? I am getting code 43 which is low voltage/circuit problems in my ESC (Electronic Spark Control) Module.

tom3
11-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Spent two months finding/fixing a similiar problem on my 93. Go to Autozone and have them print out a step by step troubleshooting guide. I actually wound up soldering the wires to the ignition module to fix mine. Terminals were dirty or lost tension, no way I could get good connections on the low voltage - very low current terminal. About the most aggravation I've ever had on a vehicle.

BLZNFUN
11-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks, I will do that in the next few days...

BlazerLT
11-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Code 43 is the knock sensor circuit.

Check for a burnt or broken wire going to both of your Knock sensors.

BLZNFUN
11-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Spent two months finding/fixing a similiar problem on my 93. Go to Autozone and have them print out a step by step troubleshooting guide. I actually wound up soldering the wires to the ignition module to fix mine. Terminals were dirty or lost tension, no way I could get good connections on the low voltage - very low current terminal. About the most aggravation I've ever had on a vehicle.

Got the diganostic steps to follow. Long list but definately detailed on what to do. Thanks for the info.

BlazerLT
11-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Don't be playing with something that is not causing the problem.

You are having a problem with the knock sensor, so fix that.

BLZNFUN
11-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Don't be playing with something that is not causing the problem.

You are having a problem with the knock sensor, so fix that.

Thanks for the heads up, but this is diaganostic steps specifically for code 43 and it talks mainly about the knock sensor and what to check for in the knock sensor; so I am not playing with something that is not a problem...

Add your comment to this topic!