Page updated on 10-18-2017

Probe Problems

blindfoldedhope
11-19-2004, 08:51 AM
First i need to know how to take out the dash board and does the gauge cluster come out at the same time... Im gutting another probe for parts to paint...

Second My car smokes badly on cold starts after sitting for like 7 hours its probally rings////seals but does anyone know anything i can do to cut it down and keep from the embarassment every day after school lol.

also where is the best place to run wires through the fire wall

quicksilverz017
12-06-2004, 04:24 PM
i dont know

quicksilverz017
12-06-2004, 05:36 PM
to run wires through the ire wall you have to drill but if its power wires for the amp of somthing fin them through the crack of the door form the hood thats perfect cant even see them. the gauges you dont have to take out the front part of the dash. for your car smoke problem you need rings becouse the iol is sinking through the rings and uirning like gas that world make it smoke and not start good and if its white smoke you need headgaskets or heades or u can go to autozone and get smoke begone thats works to. but if u wanted to run wires throught the fire wall srill to the left or the clutch or break bedle in the top that works great to but its freaken hard to do that

avfan
12-08-2004, 11:49 AM
my probe smokes like that after sitting also the easiest way to hide it is go out at lunch and start it ,also any no-smoke oil additive will help some, but you are looking at some head work in the near future

96probegt
12-08-2004, 12:26 PM
if your car only smokes on start up or after sitting for a while chances are you need a valve job or valve guides if it where rings it would smoke all the time

avfan
12-08-2004, 05:39 PM
right,i would put my money on valve guides since it apparently stops after running awhile-guides get warm and start sealing better. as far as the dash,i have an 89 probe lx with a digital dash and half of my bulbs went out. i got a haynes manual and it was fairly thourough on how to pull the thing out

girlie_GTS
12-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Does anyone online own a GTS probe?

96probegt
12-09-2004, 01:36 PM
i own a 96 gt the only differince between the gt and the gts is the rear bumper

probeIDAHO
04-21-2005, 11:51 PM
First i need to know how to take out the dash board and does the gauge cluster come out at the same time... Im gutting another probe for parts to paint...

Second My car smokes badly on cold starts after sitting for like 7 hours its probally rings////seals but does anyone know anything i can do to cut it down and keep from the embarassment every day after school lol.

also where is the best place to run wires through the fire wall

Where ran my gauge wire, was through a rubber gromet located about a foot above the brake pedal and a few inches to the left. it should already have wires running through it (dont know what to) but there is enough room to make a insision for the gauge wire. Look hard it hidden. when found it a piece of cake. I frowned upon the idea of drilling a hole in my firewall.

Add your comment to this topic!