Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone Have Problems with theirs too?

Rocho
02-25-2002, 09:58 AM
I've got myself an RSX Type S. She's soooo sweet. But, she's not without her quirks. Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has the same problems that I do. After my car has been sitting over night and I go to drive it, I hear a squeak coming from the rear brakes. It's not a continuous thing, it's more like off and on, off and on......but it'll eventually go away as I drive. Does anyone else have this happen with their's? I talked with the dealer.....they "looked" at it for me, and they said that it's moisture that builds up on the rear brake rotors. That moisture turns to rust, and as you drive away, the rust is rubbing between the rotor and pad until it's worn down enough so that it doesn't touch the pad anymore. I was also told that it's "not unusual" for this to happen with Acura's and Honda's. So, has anyone had this? Did you fix it? Or what? It's rather embarassing driving having passengers in a $30G+ car (Cdn) and having this annoying squeak. I mean, before I get a passenger do I need to tell them I've gotta drive my car around the parking lot a few times before I can pick you up? or what? If this is such a common problem......shouldn't they fix it or something? Anyone with advice or an opinion, let me know......thx

SinisaM
04-14-2002, 10:57 PM
You make it sound like your car has CANCER, comon, I'm sure it's not that loud.

AzNLABELz
06-20-2002, 07:16 PM
i havent had that problem with mine, i think you should take it back to the dealer to get it checked.;)

russtang
06-21-2002, 11:44 AM
MY CAR'S BRAKES SQUEAL/SQUEEK TOO. I'M TOO LAZY TO TAKE OFF THE PADS AND PUT SOME ANTI SQUEAL BETWEEN THE THE CALIPER PISTONS AND THE PADS. THAT IMMEDIATELY FIXED THE PROBLEM IN MY OLD COBRA AND COST ME ALMOST NOTHING. THIS WAS AFTER BEING TOLD AT MEINEKE THAT I NEEDED MY ROTORS TURNED TO FIX THE PROBLEM. TRY THAT AND SEE IF IT WORKS. MAYBE I'LL GET OFF MY ASS AND TRY IT ON MINE TOO......RUSSTANG. P.S . 30 GRAND + CANADIAN FOR THAT LITTLE CAR!!!!!!!!! WOW. DID THEY AT LEAST BUY YOU DINNER BEFORE THEY #$@%&!@#$! YOU. THAT GST SUCKS BIG TIME

blursx
03-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by russtang
MY CAR'S BRAKES SQUEAL/SQUEEK TOO. I'M TOO LAZY TO TAKE OFF THE PADS AND PUT SOME ANTI SQUEAL BETWEEN THE THE CALIPER PISTONS AND THE PADS. THAT IMMEDIATELY FIXED THE PROBLEM IN MY OLD COBRA AND COST ME ALMOST NOTHING. THIS WAS AFTER BEING TOLD AT MEINEKE THAT I NEEDED MY ROTORS TURNED TO FIX THE PROBLEM. TRY THAT AND SEE IF IT WORKS. MAYBE I'LL GET OFF MY ASS AND TRY IT ON MINE TOO......RUSSTANG. P.S . 30 GRAND + CANADIAN FOR THAT LITTLE CAR!!!!!!!!! WOW. DID THEY AT LEAST BUY YOU DINNER BEFORE THEY #$@%&!@#$! YOU. THAT GST SUCKS BIG TIME

Unfortunatly that's the price for the type s in canada... $31,300... But if you do the math, it's about the same price as in the states, our dollar sucks.... And monthlys are a pain in the asssss..... I financed it though honda and I'm paying $630 cdn....

itsmeek
03-21-2003, 07:26 AM
it happens to alot of cars. it's not harming your brakes, you can put some anti squal product on your pads if it really bothers you. it IS just moisture buildup from what i have seen/heard.

Add your comment to this topic!