Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

installing front brake pads, 00 Isuzu Rodeo

jtkld75
11-14-2004, 08:16 PM
can anyont tell me the difficulty level of this or if there are any "special" tools that are needed. Thanks in advance. Josh

Letsrodeo
11-28-2004, 08:11 PM
I've changed the rear brake pads and rotors on my 99 Rodeo. It took me about 4 hours. I had to change the rotors because I waited to long before changing the pads and destroyed the rotors. I haven't got around to doing the front yet.

Its not that difficult. You won't need any special tools for the pad replacement. If you haven't got the shop manuals I would recommend you buy a set. For the cost of a brake job you can buy the manual. The manual will have a step by step procedure on how to change out the pads.

To change the front pads only an hour a piece should be plenty. I would apply fresh grease (high temp) to the caliper bolts also.

Good luck.

Cat Fuzz
11-28-2004, 11:57 PM
A large c-clamp comes in handy for pushing the caliper piston back into the bore to accomidate the new thicker pads.

rodeo02
11-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Be sure to clean & lube the caliper pins, replace any worn pin boots. Also clean & lube the caliper slides really good. Use a heavy silicone grease like sylglide (sp?) as a petroleum grease will wash/melt off, and degrade rubber brake parts. I pinch off the rubber brake line & open the bleeder to purge the nasty fluid out of the caliper. If you push that stuff into the ABS module, it's done for.
G/luck
Joel

fdu98
11-29-2004, 04:11 PM
word of caution or tip..when putting back caliper bolts...dont over torque them...as i have

Add your comment to this topic!