Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clutch Problems

xavier3jr
10-27-2004, 01:26 AM
alright look i was comein up to the stop sign irght by my house and i went to press the clutch in....well when i did i heard a pop and now my clutch has no preasure what so ever but the clutch isnt sticking tot he floor so i know its not the clutch cable what could it be??? preasure plate wut....im compleatly lost

kjewer1
10-27-2004, 07:20 AM
There is no clutch cable on your car ;) How is the fluid level? Does the clutch still work? If the fluid level is low you might have blown out a hydraulic component. If the clutch isnt working but the fluid is fine I would suspect the fork next.

xavier3jr
10-27-2004, 09:07 AM
fluid is fine not he clutch does not work.....it had no preasure to it wut so ever...

riff22
10-27-2004, 10:32 AM
maybe it needs bleed

xavier3jr
10-27-2004, 03:50 PM
if it needs bleed then it wouldnt have made a loud pop would it?

kjewer1
10-28-2004, 06:16 AM
Is the car NT or turbo. On the turbo tranny it could be the throw out fork. No idea if those go on the NT trannys. I'll explain what I know for the turbo tranny.

The slave cylinder pushes its rod out toward the passenger side of the car. It pushes on a lever, which has a pivot ball on the tranny, and the other end, which is a "fork" pushes the throw out bearing toward the motor, pushing on the clutch release fingers. If one leg of that fork snaps off, the fork will "rotate" or "twist" as it tries to move toward the motor, since only one leg is held by the TOB. And it will only move the TOB a little bit, not quite enough to shift in most cases. You can see it twist from under the front of the car.

Jack up the car, look at the slave cylinder, the rod, and then the fork that it pushes to the passenger side. HAve a helper operate the clutch. It should move to your left (pass side) without any twisting, and should have enough travel to move all the way to the side of the sqaure hole it sticks out of.

If you have an NT, some or all of this may still apply. With either car, sometimes you just have to put down the keyboard and go look at the car. Have a helper operate the clutch while you try to see anything that can be seen from outside the tranny. Your setup may be different, but you may still be able to learn something by looking at it. Good luck.

xavier3jr
11-02-2004, 10:10 PM
well i looked and the only thing that moves out of the tranny when i push the clutch is this one little road and its got black rubber over it but it dont twist or nothin so...i dunow ut it is :-/

xavier3jr
11-04-2004, 11:50 AM
im just gana take it to a shop and let them fix it... im tierd of fuckin with it....thnx for hte info tho

Add your comment to this topic!