Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Major Water Leak S10 Blazer

stevesaudio
10-21-2004, 07:04 PM
I think it's the freeze plugs, because it's leaking on the drivers side. I hear a hissing that seems to be comeing from behind the exhaust manifold. The main thing I'm worried about is when I fill up the water to drive a short distance, it runs really crappy, like it needs a serious tuneup. There isn't any sign of water in the oil. Any help would be greatly appreciated, & I thank you in advance. It's a 4.3 Blazer '92. I'm planing on fixing it this week, but have never done freeze plugs before, is it a pain in the ass or do-able?

gary e. mckee
11-08-2004, 08:48 AM
my freeze plug just started leaking on my 94 blazer, the idiot engineer placed it just above the motor mount which means the engine has to be lifted up to remove the plug. good luck!

I think it's the freeze plugs, because it's leaking on the drivers side. I hear a hissing that seems to be comeing from behind the exhaust manifold. The main thing I'm worried about is when I fill up the water to drive a short distance, it runs really crappy, like it needs a serious tuneup. There isn't any sign of water in the oil. Any help would be greatly appreciated, & I thank you in advance. It's a 4.3 Blazer '92. I'm planing on fixing it this week, but have never done freeze plugs before, is it a pain in the ass or do-able?

BlazerLT
11-08-2004, 10:36 PM
This is really tough to call.

You are the master of your domain on this one.

Just make sure it is the problem or is might be a leaking head gasket.

Add your comment to this topic!