Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Suspension Noise

disturbed_evolutio
07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
This is something I have noticed recently. In the mornings when I drive off to work. The car makes a rubbing sound when it hits bumps. I thought at first when I heard this for the first time, that it was the road hitting the bottom of the car, or the tire hitting the inside of the wheel well. But this sound never happens when I ride the exact same route, later in the day or after I have used the car for awhile.

Well this morning it was really noticable. It makes the sound on left turns as well as bumps in the road. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the suspension. But not sure what? I don't know the matience history of this car since I have had it for under a year. Could it be worn suspension? Cause I have to admit, that doesn't feel great itself.

Also it rained alot the other night, and I didn't drive it all day yesterday. So Im thinking moisture might be a thing as well. Moisture in the morning from condesation (especially in this weather)

Thanks in advance,

Car: 95' SL1

sierrap615
07-28-2004, 01:33 AM
you can go to the dealership service desk and get a copy of the service history(unless they whent to jiffy lube or such).

honsitly, i don't much of suspension. but heres what i do know.

is the nosie from the left side or right side?
check tire pressure.
check motor mounts(unlikey, but this with a bad CV joint happened to me)
check CV boots
check inside of tires for possible rubbing area

jgtatl
08-08-2004, 10:28 AM
I am having this same problem. Mine seems to stop when the car gets warm after I have driven a few minutes. and it is driving me nuts!

disturbed_evolutio
08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
I am having this same problem. Mine seems to stop when the car gets warm after I have driven a few minutes. and it is driving me nuts!

Well I was asking around on another forum and they said it could either be the wheel bearing, strut or axle. I'm leaning towards the strut.

Add your comment to this topic!