Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 + Jdm Headlight Conversion

TigRo
01-30-2002, 07:41 AM
Okay, here is my question. On the back of the JDM one piece headlights (94-01) there are three headlight harnesses, or clips. One is for the turn signal, and one is for the regular projector headlight. Now there is one more harness, which is a split between the HIGHBEAM and FOGLIGHT. The clip is wider and does not lock-on(push and twist, like the usdm regular headlight) like the USDM highbeams. My question is… where do I get this harness/clip and how do I wire it so that I can use it for both highbeam and foglight? Also, are the harnesses for the turn signals different as well? Please give me a site where I can find these parts or if anyone has spares or can get me any please email me at: Tig3rnamja@hotmail.com. Thank you! :)

clatescivicr
01-30-2002, 11:03 AM
if you don;t mind me asking how much did you pay for your conversion? Just for the parts though. And did you buy the kit with the cf hood or did you buy the kit and sell the stock hood and put a cf on, or did you buy the kit without a hood and then buy the cf hood? And by chance where did you get it? Thanks a lot in advance, and sorry |I couldn't help ya with your post. |I will ask around though.

hybridDC2
01-30-2002, 11:19 AM
you'll need to do what i did, and that is to go get the factory optional foglight harness with switch. all integras are prewired for the foglights, you just need the harness; everything is plug and play. once you get it, there is a connector located underneath the driver side of the dash, near the kick panel. then there is another plug located on the steering column, which you'll first have to remove the plastic shield. remove your center console and armrest , by your e-brake there are 4 push out switch covers, just pick the one where you want your switch to be. the last step is to hook up the foglights, there is a small brown plug in the engine bay, right behind the driver side headlight; just run it to the blue wires on the jdm headlight harness. i hope i didnt confuse you, let me know if you have any problems and i'll get more in depth.

TigRo
01-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Thank you! So I guess that will solve my problem? What about the highbeam clip? does the factory optional harness and switch also include that headlight? And another thing, I recieved my headlights with a cracked bulb harness for the turn signals, i can get these from any dealer right?

Well thanks for all your help, my conversion should be installed (by me and friends, hehe) pretty soon.

Another thing, how much do you think the switch/harness will cost? Well thanks again.

To the post above: I bought my kit for about 1200, but i upgraded to carbon fiber hood(with a scoop) so it was about 1500, plus 200 shipping. It came with everything except for the radiator core support, but since my bumper is fiberglass (no, its not the metal one :( ) the person who sold it to me said that just playing with my bumper support shuold do it. I have to figure out a way though. anyways, you can find any of these kits on these forums, THEPARTSTRADER.COM (i saw one there for 1100, it is all metal that comes with HIDS, but no carbon hood i dont think..i just saw it there today) or ebay. just type in JDM or whatever. okay thanks again.

hybridDC2
01-30-2002, 04:18 PM
you'll still be using your stock headlight harness, but'll you'll be doing a little splicing because the JDM plug is different than ours. just remember which bulb is which by remembering the wire colors. the only thing you'll be using the ooptional foglight harness is for the foglights. otherwise you can still use your stock harness for the headlights, hi-beams, citylights, and blinkers. i forgot how much the harness costs but it should come with the wiring, a relay, and the push button switch. let me know how it goes, if you have problems i'll take pictures of my wiring. im just lazy to take apart everything right now. it's a pretty self explanatory process though you guys should have no problem now that you know what you need.

i also forgot to mention you'll need an H1 bulb for the hi-beams, hence the clip you were talking about.

TigRo
01-30-2002, 10:03 PM
thanks again. I'm probably going to install the kit sometime this week or next--i still need to get my alarm put in; il tell you how everything went.

jungliss23
01-31-2002, 10:17 AM
Damn Hybrid the only thing I can say about your car is :

So Fresh and So Clean Clean: :):silly2:

Wicked good job on the set up.

TigRo
02-07-2002, 08:57 PM
hey, is that your integra in that picture?
I'm just curious, where did you get that lip(i beleive its azect, right?) andhow much did you pay for it? I really want taht one, or the type R lip. thanks

PiNoY GsR RaCeR
02-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Deng, I wish I had that kind of money to do JDM conversions!

hybridDC2
02-08-2002, 11:03 PM
yeah well it's a Vis replica of the azect kit. except they call theirs "ace" instead. i got mine for 150 and had it molded to my bumper because it would have looked nasty otherwise. i think you can get a fiberglass bumper with it already built in so to speak. how's your conversion coming along anyway? i got mine done after a minor accident to my drivers side front fender. i didn't even plan on getting this conversion til i noticed that the total estimate of damage to my stock front end was much higher than getting the conversion so thats how it happened.

TigRo
02-09-2002, 01:22 AM
Oh, so it's VIS?
I went there and they seem to be having some kind of update disfunction, the JDM section are all" about:blanks" or "Error 401's". Hopefully they'll put it up soon so I can order it. Anyways I ordered the integra-optional switch/harness and it should be here by next week. I am just waiting on that to put on my conversion.
Oh one thing: For the highbeams, do I have to splice that or is there a thing for it on the foglight harness?

Ok, well thats about it, il tell you how it goes.
Thanks again

TigRo
02-09-2002, 01:24 AM
Oh, haha and another thing:
You and I are alike
I had some minor damage on my driver's side fender and front, and I was about to just buy a body kit and fenders and a new hood but the conversion matched that price, so i got it anyway, hehe

hybridDC2
02-09-2002, 01:56 AM
you'll have to do some splicing, i believe it's the red and black wires coming from the headlight.

TigRo
02-14-2002, 08:33 PM
Ok, I have my kit on, but I have another question about the corner lights. On my USDM corners, there are two plugs, but on the JDM there is one. Neither of the two plugs fit correctly, and I was wondering, maybe because of the year? I have 94-97, but will it really make a difference? Also on my jdm headlights the rear end of the plug for the corners are not there, so i dont know what to use if i cant use my stock ones

hybridDC2
02-15-2002, 01:06 AM
are you talking about the bulb sockets? the usdm has 2 because the parking lights and the blinkers. the parking lights will become your new city lights. when i got my kit it came with all the jdm sockets too so all i had to do was splice. did you get those too?

TigRo
02-15-2002, 07:58 AM
I didn't get the sockets w/ my headlights,(but i did get the harness that is already inside the headlights) that's probably why I'm so confused.
Anyways, let me get this straight

The Parking lights will become my new CITY LIGHTS
The blinker lights will become my new Blinker lights (jdm)
My HIGHBEAM AND FOGLIGHT will be on the acura optional foglight harness/switch
The regular projector light will fit in the jdm headlight socket

is this right? I don't know how to wire it , however because
The blinker has a plug, with two metal prongs inside

there is a brown, rectangular plug (which i assume the foglight harness will take care of)
and there is the regular projector plug (which i am assuming my USDM plug will fit inside of it)

the brown rectangular plug takes care of the highbeam and foglight, am i correct?
and for the USDM corner lights, one of the plugs are for parking lights, and one is for the lil yellow bulb (city lights) in headlamp?

thanks

Add your comment to this topic!