Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b20 in a maxima-help???

PunkAlex
04-18-2004, 04:49 PM
My friend has a v6 maxima and is looking for some more power, so i suggested that he put a b20 out of a CR-V in there for some more torque and revs. He liked the idea, so now im trying to figure how to fit this engine in theere. I allready bought the engine off of a local shop, so i got a couple of questions:

1: whats the easiest way to drop otu the dq35 (thats what he told me it was)? the bottom or use a cherry picker?

2: who makes mounts for this swap?

3: will the motor fit the stock transmission?

4: How much faster will the b20 maxima be than the dq35?

Im a honda guy so i dont know much about nissan! thanks for the help guys!

sr20de4evr
04-18-2004, 05:03 PM
is this a joke?

You come to a sentra forum and then ask how much faster a maxima will be after you swap in an engine that comes with slightly more than HALF of what the maxima comes with stock? You're trying to replace a vq35 that comes with 255hp and 246tq with a b20 that has 140hp and 133tq

1) I'm guessing the easiest will be out of the top
2) no one, because it's a retarded swap
3) no
4) he will LOSE several seconds in the 1/4 after this swap

If my numbers are wrong please let me know, I got them from this (http://honda.hybrids.jp/b20tech/index.shtml) site since I don't know much about Hondas.

nacho_nissan
04-19-2004, 09:27 PM
What the hell is wrong with you honda boys??? now you really got me pissed! NO honda is on nissan level! oh, wait..maybe something more reasonable would be a NSX Type-R engine..but a B20?? WTF? it'll be better to just drop a Sr20...more power, more TORQUE! And dont you ever again talk mess about a nissan. go put some stickers on your honda and a wing! and if your friend is stupid enough to listen to you, he shouldnt even own a maxima! ricy ass....

Ace$nyper
04-19-2004, 09:28 PM
feel free to ingore this not all honda guys are asses hes put it all over the nissan fourms due to it being "funny"
sorry you had to deal with the bad honda owners only

shortysdrop
04-21-2004, 01:06 PM
I would never swap Honda anything in a Nissan, not even to triple hp (LOL like any Honda has that much power).

Sorry pal you had that coming.

shortysdrop
04-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Getting serious now, thats a lousy swap. The Honda doesn't have near the power the Nissan does, and thats not just a bias argument between makes.

You would need all new mounts motor and tranny, complete wiring harness and computer, yes you would need the Honda tranny, no there isn't a swap kit, and yes it would be a pain in the ass to get it to work (everything would be custom made).

If you do get it to work and plan to take the car to a show, take my advice and leave the hood closed!!!

:2cents:

MaxedOutOfCash
04-22-2004, 06:40 AM
just to let you guys know.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbu...609#post1726609

nacho_nissan
04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
nissan always has something better for those hondas.. we just dont have it in the U.S.:(

BeigeMaxima
05-27-2004, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=PunkAlex]My friend has a v6 maxima and is looking for some more power, so i suggested that he put a b20 out of a CR-V in there for some more torque and revs. He liked the idea, so now im trying to figure how to fit this engine in theere. I allready bought the engine off of a local shop, so i got a couple of questions:

You are NUTS!!! Why would you want to do that??? It doesn't make any sense. and btw poor maxima cr-v engine. don't be surprised when the poor maxima becomes suicidal... cr-v engine in maxima = ROFL u big dummy

fugiot
05-27-2004, 01:40 PM
C'mon now, this thread was over a month old...

Add your comment to this topic!