Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rsx making noise...do u have a clue what it is?

crazyRSX
04-15-2004, 10:30 PM
my rsx occasionally makes a noise...high pitch kinda sounds maybe from a vibration...funny thing is that it happens some times when: 1)i'm driving on the freeway around 70 mph. 2)its really hot weather. 3) when i am not drafting behind another car. (it happens sometimes not all the time but when it does these three things are usually there)

this all leads me to believe it has some thing to do with the arrow-dinamics. its not the breaks cuz it never makes noise when i break. can anyone give me ideas on what it might be...for some reason acura cant find a thing wrong with it. and the noise seems to come and go...wierd

thanks to anyone that can help...and yes my 3rd gear does stick!
crazyRSX aka double clutcher!

crazy_canuck
04-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Its not the aerodynamics its probably something loose or leaking. Where exactly is the sound coming from?

crazyRSX
04-27-2004, 04:56 PM
the sound is coming from the front. it could be around the engine or around one of the wheel wells i'm not to certain.

what is the best way to find out what it is. thank you for the reply.

crazy_canuck
04-28-2004, 04:03 PM
My guess is something is loose/broken. I doubt its a leak. hard to say where to start, but maybe check if the mudguards/fender lining is snug to the car, and when the car is cold try seeing if anything looks loose. Sorry, thats about the best I can help.

crazy_canuck
04-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Try posting here: http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=45&f=55

I searched but all I found were vibrations from hoods that needed to be adjusted a bit and people who had aftermarket motor mounts and or torque dampers.

BTW, is your car stock?

crazyRSX
04-28-2004, 08:32 PM
my car is stock....type-s,i haven't modified anything and i take care of it pretty well. why would it only make noise when its hot weather? when its night time or cool weather it never makes the sound....also the sound is hi pitch almost like feedback on a speaker.

it might be the hood, can you tell me what to look for if it is. this is a tough one. do you think it may be something serious. thanks for checking in on it. let me know if you find anything else.

crazy_canuck
04-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Well, if it was the hood, it'd jiggle more than usual if you shook it. From the looks of it, I doubt its the hood though.

I don't know why it'd only happen in the heat....that's a tough one.....I can't really figure it out.

RSX-S777
05-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Did the dealer check wheel bearings and all that good stuff?

mmont0
05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
crazyRSX,

Same thing happens to mine. I have a typeS and I just noticed a weird noise coming out of the left hand side of the car. It sounds like it's coming out of the left A/C vent. It happens when I rev around 4000 RPM and hold the revs there. Sounds really weird, but I think it's probably some plastic or something that resonates at that RPM. Let me know if you find out what it is.

crazyRSX
05-03-2004, 07:59 PM
thanks everyone...i have a few leads to what it might be but it will take a while to see how it turns out...some people say timing belts, ac, intake so i'll weed things out and let you know.

Add your comment to this topic!