Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Too Much Fuel!!

IntegraB16
04-12-2004, 02:06 PM
This weekend I had to replace my clutch. I have done this 3 times now. This time was different. I did everything like i usually do but when i put everything back together and start the car it is having a hard time running and it is letting out some black smoke from burning too much gas. So something happened and now my car runs WAAYYY rich. What could have caused this? Is there anyway that i could lean out the gas without having to buy a fuel pressure regulator?

whtteg
04-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Have you driven it down the road yet? Does it rev past 3,500 rpm? It sounds like you are in limp mode. Try checking all the sensors and wires. You need to fix the cause of the problem not change the problem with another part.

integrasedan
04-12-2004, 09:51 PM
if the problem is too rich, could be weak ignition system, checkout the coil, sparkplug wires, and spark plugs. check for dirty air filter and proper spark plug gap.

also check the oxygen sensor.

integralover
04-13-2004, 12:14 AM
this sounds exactly like me trying to fix my car and causing another problem.:swear:

IntegraB16
04-13-2004, 10:43 AM
I was thinking it could be my O2 sensor. Does anyone know how much thoes things cost? I have an MDS SCI ignition, a blaster 2 coil, and bosch platnum 4 plugs. It seems to be burning it. There is just way to much gas. The fumes are soo strong they burn my eyes. If it isn't my O2 sensor what else could it be??

whtteg
04-13-2004, 02:15 PM
I was thinking it could be my O2 sensor. Does anyone know how much thoes things cost? I have an MDS SCI ignition, a blaster 2 coil, and bosch platnum 4 plugs. It seems to be burning it. There is just way to much gas. The fumes are soo strong they burn my eyes. If it isn't my O2 sensor what else could it be??

Have you followed my advice and checked all the wire connections. Especially the ones you had to take loose to take the tranny out? 9 times out of 10 the new problem is 100% realated to the work that has just been done to the car. If you want your car fixed then take my advice!

integrasedan
04-13-2004, 06:11 PM
that's some pretty strong ignition, it should burn most of the mixture. just follow Whtteg said, Check sure you didn't forget to connect something.

IntegraB16
04-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah I have been checking the wires over and over again for the last three days. I also have been using a flashlight and looking behind the engine by the firewall for anything i could have disconnected and not noticed.

integrasedan
04-13-2004, 06:42 PM
i'm sorry that's about all i can help. good luck

Add your comment to this topic!