Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gas tank help

charlieteg
04-11-2004, 02:42 PM
heres the deal guys...about 5 or 6 months ago i lost control of my car and ran over a big ass rock...it dented my gas tank slightly and now my gas gauge does not go about half a tank full. i think i need to replave my gas tank does any one know where i can find a new one and any other ideas to fix this peoblem....thanks guys

charlie

96 integra
excel rims
aem cai
clearcorners
b&M short shifter
strut bars
sony head unit
toyo tires
soon- H&R springs and dc headers

casperGSR
04-12-2004, 01:10 PM
either an acura dealership or a napa store should be able to get a tank for you.

IntegraB16
04-12-2004, 01:19 PM
I would try a junk yard..

IntegraTYPER2
04-13-2004, 11:59 AM
heres the deal guys...about 5 or 6 months ago i lost control of my car and ran over a big ass rock...it dented my gas tank slightly and now my gas gauge does not go about half a tank full. i think i need to replave my gas tank does any one know where i can find a new one and any other ideas to fix this peoblem....thanks guys

charlie

96 integra
excel rims
aem cai
clearcorners
b&M short shifter
strut bars
sony head unit
toyo tires
soon- H&R springs and dc headers

The same thing happened to me a few months ago but I got a 6-inch long hole instead. If you can get a gas tank I still have a good working fuel gauge descending unit you can have for free. I got my tank from a used car lot. At Acura it was $600. I paid $60 for mine with everything.

Add your comment to this topic!