Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 Celica Convertible Gt question.

Celica_freek
03-22-2004, 09:09 PM
What is the best thing i can do to increase the speed/accel. Spending around 2,000 dollars. I dont know a whole lot about cars...But please let me know. I was thinking about getting a body kit and paint job first, but now i think id rather up the engine, also i have cousins who could remove the governor and install the stuff. (Its an automatic if that matters)

Sypherz28
03-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Well for any of us to help we need to know what model engine you have in your car before we would know what would even work.. I am guessing the 5S-FE but with everyone changing engines all the time you never know :).. give us all the little details

Celica_freek
03-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Its completely stock, bought from a dealer in 1991 taken well care of. Ill be getting it very soon (it was my grandpa's) So yea, the engine that is stock with the car.

FastGuy000
03-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Well I if you want more power and want to get a little mechanical, id suggest exchanging by putting in shorder but wider cylinders on the celica gt. if yours is the 2.2 liter im pretty sure u can do it on that. Also shhhhh(take out the catalic convertor) dont tell anyone though. Put in a good header and change the muffler to a performance one which will increase better flow out of it though dont be sure it would be real quite. Also cheap thigns you can do is kinda empty out any weight you have on the car. Also Id suggest you putting in a better intake system to get better air flow. If you want to spend a little more, you could probably get a turbocharger...... but again im not sure what engine you got so youd have to do some research on the parts before buying....... HAPPY RACING!!! :)

Sypherz28
03-29-2004, 05:13 AM
The 5SFE 'can' be turboed, but the only thing is it has an aluminum head and block making it like a hand grenade if you try to push it too hard.. The MR2's have that engine as well and almost any MR2 forum you go too you'll find a lot of crap to do to that engine..

Add your comment to this topic!