Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Diagnostic wire location hekp

Dan1995
03-22-2004, 05:06 PM
My check engine light came on and I would like to run the diagnostic check to get the codes my self, but i can't find the location of the terminal to connect the jumper wire.... I've looked all over the computer box and under the drivers side area, but have had no luck. The Haynes book does not show a good picture location for the 1995.
The problem I'm having is after start-up (engine light is off) everything seems fine (idel is normal), but after about 5 minutes of drive time my light comes on.... If I try to step on the gas around 30 or so it seems like I get a dead spot and it starts to run slugish and then after a little bit it goes no problem.... I do notice some black smoke coming out of the pipe when this happens. Is it the oxygen Sensor maybe.
Thanks for any help
Dan

95.5 Rodeo
03-24-2004, 01:09 AM
The diagnostic connector is behind the vertical "Kick panel" on the driver's side. In other words, sit in the car as if you were driving, move your left foot all the way to the left and you will be touching it. With the codes, you should be able to figure out the problem.

Dale

Add your comment to this topic!