Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Stalling ????

girlie97gt
02-27-2004, 08:13 AM
I have a 97 eclipse gs with 123,000 miles on it. I just changed the fuel pump and filter about 4 months ago. Now the car has been stalling every once in awhile. For no reason. it will just turn itself off and then it starts up fine again, and it will be fine for a few days and then do it again.. If anyone has any ideas or needs to know more info please feel free to contact me and all the help i can get will be greatly appreciated.

EclipseRST
02-27-2004, 08:26 AM
its it a manual or auto tranny?

girlie97gt
02-27-2004, 12:38 PM
it is a manual sorry forgot that..

EclipseRST
02-27-2004, 12:48 PM
hows the clutch fluid? check that... also see if you can bleed it somehow, just incase you have a bubble in there that could be your problem.

EclipseRST
02-27-2004, 12:49 PM
oh and how long ago did the clutch get replaced? was the throw out bearing inspected or replaced also? sorry for all the questions... but i am just tring to help.

Crazybutterfly112
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi, I have a 95 eclipse and it does the same thing. The first time I experienced these problems I was told my computer was losing voltage and I replaced it but a month later I am having the same problems. Do you notice if your car only does this when it rains or is really humid?

l_eclipse_l
07-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi, I have a 95 eclipse and it does the same thing. The first time I experienced these problems I was told my computer was losing voltage and I replaced it but a month later I am having the same problems. Do you notice if your car only does this when it rains or is really humid?

This thread is over 2 years old...

steviek
07-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Yea its old, but its better to revive an old thread that applies to you than make a new one. And lets face those replies were pretty bullshit.

Its definitly a short out somewhere because you say it happens more often when there is water. So now the real problem begins on assesing where and what is shorting.
Can you give us some more details about your car, ie tranmission, model etc.
WElcome to the forums. PS thanks for searching.

Killa
07-24-2006, 12:13 AM
shit , when I read this thread, that saw that bitch face, I though he back.

Add your comment to this topic!