Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting to get a little worried

roadrunner954
02-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Well we've had our 02' Trailblazer for 2 months now and reading all these threads aren't very reassuring. Per my original post I did finally get the remote garage door to work!

The issues and concerns we have now are as follows:

1. Last week after parking at the store and coming back out, my wife was putting our oldest son in his child seat, as I was getting into the drivers seat I pushed the "Driver 2" for my preferences (her keys have the remote #1 which I used the lock/unlock) and all of sudden the truck jerked forward an inch or two. FREAKED ME THE HELL OUT!

2. The transfer switch for the electronic 2WD to A4WD switches back and forth on its own, typically when its wet outside or we go through a carwash

3. Just today the wife said the 4WD warning light came on for a few minutes then went away.

4. It seems like the turning radius on our truck is too good, as it will stop me from going forward when turning to sharp (even at 5 miles per hour) maybe something to do with my 1st concern above?

5. Now I see recalls soon to be coming out...

6. I wonder what recalls I have missed already?

7. We can be sitting in park, and all of the sudden we get the read out "Possible icy roads"

I thought we got a good deal on the truck $20K fully loaded with all options LTZ w/ 58,000, but what the hell did we get into? We did get the 2-year 20K mile warranty, hopefully it covers all this CRAP!

Honestly, we get a lot of compliments and it sure is a good looking SUV in and out, but is it worth it?................the world may never know.

Bowlforthedog
02-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, I know that I have had many issues with my 2003 LS TB and I will probably NEVER get another Chevy again! I know what you are going through. I really dont have any advice but to either deal with the issues or sell the vehicle. Hope it all works out for ya!!

tooltimetech
02-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Haven't seen anything as far as the jerking ahead an inch or 2. The Trail Blazers have lots of concerns with the Transfer Case Control Module and the 4WD switch. It sounds like it is in 4WD sense it is binding up when you turn a sharp corner. As for recalls just take it into a GM dealer and have them run it thrugh the GM VIS and you will find out if there are any open recalls on your vehicle. I have worked in a couple different dealerships and Chevrolet does not have the market cornered in the recall department, it appears to happen to other car manufacturers as well.

tooltimetech
02-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Also the ICY ROADS message, if you have an ambient temperature read out this is where that message gets its information from, if it is reading cold enough it will warn you that it may be icy, even in park.

fungo45
01-19-2005, 09:26 AM
The Trail Blazers have lots of concerns with the Transfer Case Control Module and the 4WD switch. It sounds like it is in 4WD sense it is binding up when you turn a sharp corner.

I'm having the same problems on the 2003 TB I just bought.
The 4WD switch seems to be going from 2WD or 4Auto to 4HI on it's own. Sometimes the light will be on four 4 HI (when the switch is pointed to 4Auto) and the 4 LO light will start blinking.

I also have the same problem about the car jerking when taking sharp turns (u-turns) in 4WD on dry pavement. The dealer told me that all 4WD cars do this and it's called binding. I thought he was just blowing smoke up my arse, but I have read about that on these forums as well.

Any insight on the 4WD switch would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

lkurek
01-19-2005, 09:54 AM
OK....

The jerking forward should have nothing to do with the memory function. It sounds to me like you are having problems with the transfer case control module more than anything. This would cause all the 4x4 problems you mentioned above. The jerking was probably caused by the bind in the driveline unwinding somehow...as it is probably in 4x4 mode when it shouldn't be. The jerking around corners confirms this. NOTE: Get this fixed ASAP, or you may be replacing more parts (front axle, transfer case, etc) that can break due to this problem.

As for the icy road warning...this is normal. Whenyour ambient air sensor detects 32 or below, you will get this warning.....driving or not.

Unfortunately, it seems the 02's have a lot more problems than the later model years...probably a first year model thing :(

LTZ2FLIP4
01-26-2005, 10:02 PM
I just got my 02 TB about 3 weeks ago. Already had the 4WD lights flicker. Oh well. Not really worried, stuff breaks you just ahve to fix it. As for Driver 1 and 2 issues Im the only one who drives it so I ahve both settings exactly the same. So stuff like the mysterious mirror moving never happens.

I thought we got a good deal on the truck $20K fully loaded with all options LTZ w/ 58,000, but what the hell did we get into? We did get the 2-year 20K mile warranty, hopefully it covers all this CRAP!

Whoa, I bought my LTZ for $20k and it only had 22,000 miles on it and I got an 80,000 mile warranty. Guess I got a kick a$$ deal.

GMMerlin
01-27-2005, 05:16 AM
I just got my 02 TB about 3 weeks ago. Already had the 4WD lights flicker. Oh well. Not really worried, stuff breaks you just ahve to fix it. As for Driver 1 and 2 issues Im the only one who drives it so I ahve both settings exactly the same. So stuff like the mysterious mirror moving never happens.
Whoa, I bought my LTZ for $20k and it only had 22,000 miles on it and I got an 80,000 mile warranty. Guess I got a kick a$$ deal.
NO NO NO..did you not read the secret GM owners posting policy :nono:
You must trash the vehicle and GM, Demand a recall for the things that don't work and then complain about the recall and demand the vehicle be bought back because it is a lemon and then swear on all that is holy that you will never by another GM vehicle :evillol:

Seriously, glad you like the truck and it sounds like you got a great deal.
Happy Motoring

zoris
01-27-2005, 10:26 AM
So is what you people are saying is that binding on the 4WD setting is normal when making sharp (90 %) turns on dry pavement?? or is there a problem with trans case??? thanks

TorinoGT69
01-27-2005, 10:44 AM
If the vehicle is in 4wd it should jerk, when turning sharply that is normal.

zoris
01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the reply and info torinoGT69

Zortster99
01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the reply and info torinoGT69

Well, I had a weird thing happen tonight on my way home... I was in 2HI driving on an icy surface. The back wheels spun a bit, but I was only going 10mph as I was pulling into a driveway. Now the strange part... once I pulled into the drive, it was VERY obvious that the truck was in 4HI, although I did not touch the 4WD switch, the switch was pointing to 2HI and the light was still lit on 2HI.
The front tires were binding everytime I made any turn on the dry concrete driveway, just like it should do (in 4WD mode). I've drive 4WD vehicles all of my life (25 years of driving) so I knew immediately what was going on. Even the passenger in the truck knew (he's my dad....he knows everything :-) ).

If I take the truck to the dealer, will the computer tell them anything? No warning indicators lit on the dash. I tried putting it in 2HI, 2AUTO, 4HI, and 4LO but nothing unlocked the front tires until I drove in 2HI for about 1/8 mile.

Whats the opinion of "The TB Gang"?

Add your comment to this topic!