Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need to replace the "leather" on driver door

bond41
01-31-2004, 11:08 AM
the leather panel on my two front doors is worn down to where itlooks really bad. I looked at the replacement panels online and they were way more than I would ever be willing to pay. If anybody has experience with this or has had to replace theres which I assume this is a pretty common problem, give me any info you have. thanx

J30 FaNaTiC
02-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Okm J30s are known for leather wear in this area and also the side blosters of the drivers seat (more often thanthe passenger). The reason for this is primiarly beacuse peopels body oils from their forearm na d thighs (if they are wearing shorts) tend to break down the leather. I generally clean the leather 2 times a year and apply a can of good quality saddle soap & mink oil and NOT the stuff you buy froma Pep Boys; this keeps the leather clean and soft.

Instead of replacing the leather door panels, I recommend that you take ti to an automotive upholstrey shop and see if the can match & repalce the leather. That should come out cheaper than replacing the entire panels. Or once again, as I have done, go onto ebay/automotive/j30 and shop around. I have seen people part their cars out and you may get lucky.

/ron/

dreamweaver_2002
03-02-2004, 06:22 PM
I replaced both panels in my 93 by going to a few junkyards. The two panels ulmitately cost my about $100 total. Just a thought for you as well.

infiniti mangler
06-09-2004, 05:39 PM
if your interior is beige ill sell you panels, let me know. i have to see what condition they are in first, i can do this 6/10. if they are worth selling the price will be 70.00 for both as a pair. i_mangle_sht@lycos.com

Add your comment to this topic!