Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 95 Ls

xpkillah
01-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Here is a link to my web site with pictures of my car.

www.fiveoh.net/skyler

Current Mods:

DC Sport 4 - 1 headers
Street Sound high flow cat w/ over $200 in custom exhaust
AEM short ram w/ K&N filter
Magnacore wires
Megan Racing short throw shifter
Factory lowering springs
15" Toyos rapped around GSR wheels

Future Mods:

Custom air intake
Relocate battery to back
Completely rebuild fuel - in tank pump, rails, lines, pressure regualtor etc.

Tell me what you guys think! Also, any advise on mods or anything else you guys might think of is greatly appreciated. PEACE!

tsugsr
01-22-2004, 02:34 PM
thats a nice car. what kind of muffler is that? how does it sound? its not one of those huge 4 inch mufflers and i like that. all in all how much did your exhaust and intake cost? im tryin to put together some stuff on my GSR. thanks. oh yea, your intake should be fine, next id upgrade the TB or intake manifold, dont worry about the fuel system, most stock ones can handle alot. but the FPR would be a good idea. maybe get a chip burned too.

xpkillah
01-22-2004, 02:51 PM
thats a nice car. what kind of muffler is that? how does it sound? its not one of those huge 4 inch mufflers and i like that. all in all how much did your exhaust and intake cost? im tryin to put together some stuff on my GSR. thanks. oh yea, your intake should be fine, next id upgrade the TB or intake manifold, dont worry about the fuel system, most stock ones can handle alot. but the FPR would be a good idea. maybe get a chip burned too.

The muffler was the only exhaust mod on the car when i bought it. Dude that i bought it from said it was something like SRS or somethin, not really sure. But the sound is sweet. Thats what i was worried about when i saw that on the car when i was looking to buy. I thought it was gonna sound like a damn bee or somethin. But the sound produced is a deep throaty rumble and i love it. When my revs are dropping around 3 down to 2 there is a low series of rumbles that sounds great! The deepness is produced from the fact that the muffler is not just straight through, there are many cones that the exhaust goes through making for a deeper sound. Now, i rebuilt every other part of the exhaust, starting with the dc headers ($350), then i got all 2" piping and a Street Sound high flow cat which was $200 after everything at Marco Muffler. The only stock piece of exhaust remaining is the resinator (SP?). You should hear this thing when i punch @ 4,000 rpms, (when the headers kick in), wow its exhilirating. The AEM intake was on the car when i bought it so i dont know how much that was.

xpkillah
01-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah, i was looking at the Edelbrock intake manifolds with matching throttle bodies and was pretty interested. But, i have a good idea for the AEM short ram and how i can make it breath fresh air, instead of the hot engine produced air. If you look at the front engine bay shot, to the left of the filter there is a housing for the ABS system (i think). But behing all of the that is part of the stock air intake. There is a tube cut into the fender that curves down and stops at aboud the clear corner lense. What i was thinking about doing is moving the battery to the back to make room for moving the ABS outta the way of that stock tubing so i can utilize it for my intake. If i can get that ABS outta the way, then i could just get some rubber hosing and clamps, take off the filter, fit one end of the hosing on the AEM short ram and the other to the tubing on the side of the fender. Then i could just put the filter on the end of the tubing so it will be placed near the the clear corner, thus drawing in cold air. A custom cold air intake outta a AEM short ram???

xpkillah
01-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Any Input From Anyone???

Add your comment to this topic!