Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question about motor-tranny combination

94hondahatch
01-19-2004, 08:11 AM
to anyone that can help.....I have a 94 civic hatch with the gas conserving a 1.5L. sohc 8 valve gutless wonderand plan on adventually going to get a new motor any ideas on that? but my tranny has a tick to it and some guys i know say it the main berrings. also my clutch is starting to slip so if I go and fix these 2 things can I get like say a b16 and use the same tranny I have now?

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP THANK YOU :smokin:

97civiclx
01-19-2004, 12:09 PM
sorry but your tranny cant be used. you have a dseries engine a d15 i presume. dseries pars can be swapped with other dseries parts. bseries with bseries. the cool thing about that though is you can get used trannys for the dseries way cheap like on partstrader.com or ebay, because people do get bseries and are willing o get almost anything for there old stuff. also depending on how much money you got. if your just looking for some quick hp for lil money. what you could do is swap out your head for a z6(sohc vtec) that will put you at around 120-125 tops nothing crazy high but a lot better than the 90 hp you have now and that will only cost around 200 for the head and probalby 150 for labor and parts if you shop around. then if our still not happy you could build a custom turbo kit for as cheap as a grand and pu out iwould guess a good 180 190 hp. i f you dont want that then you could get a zex kit off a ebay or partstrader for like 3-400 and install that instead. anyway hope this might help in anything you are looking for. :biggrin:

94hondahatch
01-20-2004, 04:49 PM
hey thanks for the input i am thinkin about a b16 complete swap that i am pricing right now the cheapest i have found for everything needed is $2500 does that sound about right?? $3200 to have it all installed.

Add your comment to this topic!