Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New wheel pics and a question

homeslice0229
01-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Just got my new wheels and tried them on for a test fit...

www.geocities.com/homeslice0229/carric

The wheel gap looks a lil big right now, but once the suspension settles, it will look better. I'll post more pics when I get all 4 on after winter, I am running my stock wheels now.

BTW- I already have i/h/highflowcat with dc sports exhaust on the way. What would be the next best upgrade? I was thinking aem pulleys or nology hot wires (allthough those look a bitch to install). Any other suggestions? I want to stay na, but dont want to mess with the internals. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

HTRtech
01-17-2004, 07:32 PM
NOS! (Zex)

Spectre927
01-17-2004, 10:12 PM
NOS! (Zex)

He said NA hombre, so I dont think hes down for the spray. Maybe some stage 1 cams? BUt then... I dont know... maybe, the OBD1 switch.

homeslice0229
01-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Yea, i want to stay away from nos. This is still my everyday driver, it needs to be reliable and I want the engine to last as long as possible. I already bought a 02 sim and have it installed, so I dont know how much a obd1 switch would do. The possible upgrades I was looking at are pretty much bolt on. Such as the aem pulleys, nology hotwires, hyperground system or intake manifold. I want the mods to be fairly simple, I just don't know what the nrxt step should be.

BTW- sorry about the pic quality. I put ric flair there to make up for my car's poor pic quality. I was going to buy my friends racing hart 17's, im glad i didnt. i like the way the 16's look better.

HTRtech
01-18-2004, 11:18 AM
He said NA hombre, so I dont think hes down for the spray. Maybe some stage 1 cams? BUt then... I dont know... maybe, the OBD1 switch.

He said no internals hombre! I would have told him some new electronics like Hondata, a vtec controller (if he is even vtec) or afc.... BUT if he is looking for a giant leap in performance and now that he has his engine breathing easily with intake and full exhaust and (if he is ls or not) a 50-55 shot would not only boost confidence but it is also the most bang for your buck period. Invest in a nitrous kit (I recommend Zex). You will not regret it if you are level headed and only use it when you are either at the track or racing some guy who thinks his stock SS, GT or maybe even C5 is the shiznit. Just use it if some one questions your authoriti. Just dont make it a routine.

HTRtech
01-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Yea, i want to stay away from nos. This is still my everyday driver, it needs to be reliable and I want the engine to last as long as possible. I already bought a 02 sim and have it installed, so I dont know how much a obd1 switch would do. The possible upgrades I was looking at are pretty much bolt on. Such as the aem pulleys, nology hotwires, hyperground system or intake manifold. I want the mods to be fairly simple, I just don't know what the nrxt step should be.

BTW- sorry about the pic quality. I put ric flair there to make up for my car's poor pic quality. I was going to buy my friends racing hart 17's, im glad i didnt. i like the way the 16's look better.

Well if you want to see your power gains keep going up by 5 hp every time you spend $100, $150 or even $200 hundred dollars.. be my guest. I would say my Nitrous comment should still be up in the air.

Check the site out and read up on it a little:
www.zex.com (http://www.zex.com)

But if you heart is set on any of those other goodies you listed... dont get the AEM pulleys just go out and look for a nice Underdrive pulley (excellent bolt on!!). The hypergrounding system is a good buy but go ahead and order that when you are ordering your Nitrous kit! An intake manifold would definitely open your engine up even more but if you dont have the electronics upgrades to take full advantage of all this "breathing room" then it is not worth the dough.

HTRtech
01-18-2004, 11:33 AM
I have no idea how reliable this site is BUT I will say their are some seriously good deals on it and you can get some good help and possibly make some connections:

www.thepartstrader.com (http://www.thepartstrader.com)

homeslice0229
01-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Yea, It's a 96 gsr. Here's what I have to date..

aem ram air intake
dcsports 421 ceramic header
topspeed stainless high flow cat
dc sports cat-back exhaust
02 sim (for the sensor at the end of the cat)
16" rota slipstreams w/ sumitumo hrtz II tires

I may have to look into the zex, allthough I would rather have mods that are working all the time, not just when I press the button.

Doesn't the aem kit come with the underdrive pulley? If not, what does the underdrive do? I heard if you replace some of the pulleys (such as the crankshaft) it will disrupt the "harmonic balance" and ruin the life of the engine. The underdrive pulley won't do that, will it? That's why I was looking at the aem pulleys b/c they arent supposed to hurt anything (it sounds as if you get 5 or so hp).

What have you heard about the nology hotwires (are they worth it, do they actually do anything?). The hyperground kit sounds like it is not worth it, some people say you don't get any gains from it (and it's like 120$). So as of right now, the aem pulleys, nology hotwires or possibly zex, unless you have any other suggestions.

HTRtech
01-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Yea, It's a 96 gsr. Here's what I have to date..

aem ram air intake
dcsports 421 ceramic header
topspeed stainless high flow cat
dc sports cat-back exhaust
02 sim (for the sensor at the end of the cat)
16" rota slipstreams w/ sumitumo hrtz II tires

I may have to look into the zex, allthough I would rather have mods that are working all the time, not just when I press the button.

Doesn't the aem kit come with the underdrive pulley? If not, what does the underdrive do? I heard if you replace some of the pulleys (such as the crankshaft) it will disrupt the "harmonic balance" and ruin the life of the engine. The underdrive pulley won't do that, will it? That's why I was looking at the aem pulleys b/c they arent supposed to hurt anything (it sounds as if you get 5 or so hp).

What have you heard about the nology hotwires (are they worth it, do they actually do anything?). The hyperground kit sounds like it is not worth it, some people say you don't get any gains from it (and it's like 120$). So as of right now, the aem pulleys, nology hotwires or possibly zex, unless you have any other suggestions.

Well you should definitely look into an Apex'I V-AFC or Hondata. It can work for you at all times or you can turn it on or off. This is what sounds like the perfect match to what you are looking for now. These electronics will take full advantage of your bolt-ons if you want or you can just tune it down if you want.

V-AFC and other vtec controllers: www.thepartstrader.com (http://www.thepartstrader.com) (good deals on such)

Hondata info: www.pyrracing.com (http://www.pyrracing.com) or www.hondata.com (http://www.hondata.com)

More about Hotwires on the "spark plugs" thread.

Add your comment to this topic!