Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

O-Rings with coil-overs...What r they 4

E Honda
01-17-2004, 04:26 AM
Ok this is my first honda. Just installed the large slotted crossed drilled rotors front and rear, ebc green stuff pads Stainless lines and 40/40 proprtioning valve and energy suspension bushings all throughout the car. As for my question..... installed the dropzone shocks with some coil-overs on them,,,,,,My question is what are the different size o-rings for?. There were no instructions whatsoever included with the springs. Also looking for the spring loaded insert for a front 93 caliper non-abs. Thanks for all the good post and help.

civic98mi
01-19-2004, 08:53 AM
They come with a butt-load of different sizes because depending on what shocks you have, the shock base diameter can be different. The o-rings slide down your shock base so when you slide on the coilover sleeves (the shiney metal part with the adjustable perches) it'll act as a temporary holding spot so the sleeves dont move around the shock. After you slide the sleeve on (over the shock with o-ring) you can tighten the little allen screws down on the shock, tighten them good and hard! You dont want the sleeve to come loose, because then if you try to tighten or loosen the perches to lower or lift the car...the sleeve will just spin around the shock instead of the perches spinning up or down...hope this makes sense

E Honda
01-27-2004, 02:42 AM
Thank you.........clears it right up.

Add your comment to this topic!