Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b16a swap PLEEEASE HELP!!!!!

db5151
01-14-2004, 09:52 PM
I Did A Swap Into My 92 Hatch With A B16a2 Block And A Gsr Head. The Swap Is Completed, But When We Started The Car, It Revs Fine But When Held At A Certain Rpm The Motor Sounds Like It Is Breaking Up And We Had That Radiator Cap Off And Water And Steam Comes Out Of It Really High In The Air. I Dont Know What This Means. I Need Help Desperately. Thanks

Kinked210
01-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Oh Damn, That Sounds Really Bad. By The Way, Why Do You Capitalize The First Letter Of Each Word Like This?

Miataracer
01-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Look At Your Oil, See If It Has A Creamy Frothy Look To It. From A Guess Judging By What You Said I Would Probably Point The Finger At The Head Gasket. But I Could Easily Be Wrong...

Don't Get Mad About My Typing, Just Joking Around. :smile:

db5151
01-19-2004, 06:26 PM
lol i dont know why the typing did that. i wasnt doing that on purpose... but anyways, we checked the head gasket. we knew that since it was a b16a block that there may have been a gsr head gasket on it which would cause that but we switched it to a b16a gasket and it still did the same thing. i have no idea what it can be other than the block may be warped. but im trying to find a simpler solution that i can do to possible fix it b4 i take it to a machine shop. if anyone comes across any other ideas, please let me know thanks alot!!!

Add your comment to this topic!