Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radiator Steaming and loss of coolant, NEED HELP!

GTR V-spec II
01-11-2004, 03:30 PM
:banghead: My name is Chris and I have a 1995 Honda civic EX coupe. (d16z6) and my radiator steams pretty badly and I have a definate loss of coolant. I am concerned that it could be a crack in the radiator, or a crack in a coolant line. I need help ASAP! any advice on what it is or any suggestions on how to fix it are greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot

NismoBoi34
01-11-2004, 03:43 PM
i had the same problem a few weeks ago, i had a crack on the radiator so i bought a new one a replaced it. the engine is quieter now. But the problem is that i don't think i hooked it up right becuz sometimes when i turn on the engine, it would start reving by itself and it stops after 5 minutes or when i start driving. does n e one know how to fix this?

BullShifter
01-11-2004, 03:44 PM
You don't see any leaks? Radiator's aren't designed to steam, so that indicates a problem there. Look for any green or white discolored spots on the radiator. Im guessing it's time for a new radiator, hoses & thermostat recommened. You could always have do a pressure test on the cooling system - usually shows leaks.

Add your comment to this topic!