Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

neuspeed black springs??? need specs, pls

pasha
01-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Black Neuspeed H-55-17F / H-55-17R

can anyone give me specs on these. what does it mean if the spring is black color, i know they have yellow and green.

thanks.

pasha
01-02-2004, 10:11 PM
also, will springs from a coupe fit a hatch? i magine they would be the same thing. talking about 5gen here.

BullShifter
01-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Neuspeed Sofsports "blacks" usually drop about +/-.75" Neuspeed Race is yellow 2"+ drop. Neuspeed Sport is green +/-1.75" drop. For further information on Neuspeed product, check www.neuspeed.com.
Do not forget a good set of atermarket struts when lowering even .5"

Coupe/hatch should be the same.

pasha
01-02-2004, 10:32 PM
thank you verry much. :)

SilverY2KCivic
01-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Neuspeed Sofsports "blacks" usually drop about +/-.75" Neuspeed Race is yellow 2"+ drop. Neuspeed Sport is green +/-1.75" drop. For further information on Neuspeed product, check www.neuspeed.com.
Do not forget a good set of atermarket struts when lowering even .5"

Coupe/hatch should be the same.

That's correct.

Blacks are the SofSports
Green are the Sports
and yellow are the race series.

To further the specs that Jackasssi listed, the SofSports have an average spring rate as follows: Neuspeed SofSports - 260F/150R
I say average, because these are the specs for 6th gen Civic models, but if you have a 5th gen they might be slightly different though not by much. That's a pretty streetable spring rate. They should have a very nice plush but sporty feel mated with either some KYB AGX shocks, or better yet some Koni Yellow shocks. :cool: I know from experience that Neuspeed sports over some Koni Yellows = :thumbsup:

pasha
01-03-2004, 02:23 AM
good to know :)

what do you guys think about the kyb gr2 shocks? it seems to be a more affordable solution.

BullShifter
01-03-2004, 01:34 PM
The GR2's are nothing special, small step up from stock. GR2's can be found on some cars from the factory. Tokico HP's(blue) is a good low priced shock/strut.

SilverY2KCivic
01-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I'd conetact Neuspeed and ask what shocks the recommend for those springs. Generally when you get aftermarket springs, you don't want to skimp out on what shocks you get. They are really more important than the springs when it comes to suspension.

BullShifter
01-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Neuspeed carries valve matched Koni reds & yellows. I know for sure there are some for the Sports, but I don't know for sure about the rest. Do like SilverY2K said, contact Neuspeed for the best advice.

Add your comment to this topic!