Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new suspension

andera
01-02-2004, 02:05 PM
well in 2 weeks my integra will be paid off and i want to get a new suspension setup... i'm thinkin Eibach/Koni but i'm not sure whether its worth getting the yellows over the reds. and i dont know whether to get the sportline or the proline springs. i want to have fun on backroads and weekends ya know (the usual ;) hehe) but i still have to commute to work 5 days a week. Also how hard is it to install these with some friends? then get a re-alignment later? one more thing, how important is the camber kit? thanks!

Tegryder11
01-03-2004, 03:06 PM
I agree with the new suspension setup. But if you commute 5 days a week i say go for the pro kit and the Koni yellows...I'd actually prefer KYB's but thats just me. If you get the sportline you will most likely have to get a camber kit and i dont know if you want that. So i recommend the Koni yallows with the pro kit best suspension for everyday driving i think, but still look at the KYB's

Tegryder11
01-03-2004, 03:27 PM
oh and installing them isnt a biggy. My friend and I are installing some springs on his 99 civic should take a day or so total. And you'll have to rent a machine to get the springs off if you do it yourself but you can rent those for free at autozone...they make you do a downpayment of like 50 bucks but as soon as you bring it back they give you your money back. The camber kit is important only if you lower it more than 2 inches but I wouldnt worry about it if you get the Pro Kit. Hope that helps....good luck oh and heres a site that gives u some idea of what to do...
http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=2702
If that doesnt work go to to www.turbod16.com and click on "other shiz" and its at the top

Doubletap
01-03-2004, 03:50 PM
For some more info check out the wheels/tires/suspension forum and DO A SEARCH don't just ask.

DoubleTap

HondaIntegraXSI
01-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Koni yellows and a prokit and some prothane bushings, will ride nice, yet be firm for the performance driver in mind.....

AznDragon
01-03-2004, 09:06 PM
h&r sports and bilstein shocks give a perfect ride IMO. it rides pretty smooth with 17"s and is very responsive

HondaIntegraXSI
01-04-2004, 12:10 PM
I want performance, but I want it to ride like a dream too.

Add your comment to this topic!