Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Were are all the performance parts?

HONDABOND
12-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Hi, I just bought a 89 S10 with the V6 engine... Its an automatic but I want to give it some more power anyway. I bought it off my brother for $800 and althoe it needs a tuneup and a paint job I still think it was a good deal.
Does anyone know what engine size this is? I want to put some headers, a dual exhaust system (I can make my own exhaust system, but I do need the headers to be smog legal) of course an intake and it looks like edlebrok makes an intake manifold and camshaft for it... Thats about as far as I would want to go since it is an automatic trany and even when it was stock you could spin the tires if you mashed on the gas...
Thanks for any help.

jcas1411
12-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Could be 2.8L or 4.3L both are V-6 for that year.

s10frameoff1993
12-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Hi, I just bought a 89 S10 with the V6 engine... Its an automatic but I want to give it some more power anyway. I bought it off my brother for $800 and althoe it needs a tuneup and a paint job I still think it was a good deal.
Does anyone know what engine size this is? I want to put some headers, a dual exhaust system (I can make my own exhaust system, but I do need the headers to be smog legal) of course an intake and it looks like edlebrok makes an intake manifold and camshaft for it... Thats about as far as I would want to go since it is an automatic trany and even when it was stock you could spin the tires if you mashed on the gas...
Thanks for any help.

I have the 2.8L. For headers, I went for a tubular set from Jegs, they come with the O2 sensor, and all hardware to bolt right in.
If it looks like Edelbrock makes an intake & camshaft for it, how do you know which one to get if you don't know the engine size? My 2.8 is a 5-speed and the Nitto tires burn up nicely!

Add your comment to this topic!