Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Good tires?

thewoahna
12-11-2003, 09:34 PM
I have a 96 gsr and was looking into getting 16" rota slipstreams. What would good tires to get? I was looking at the yokahamo avs es100, but from the sounds of the online reviews, they are very noisy. I don't need all season tires, as I will switch before winter. The other tire I was looking at were the yokohama pirellis. I want a tire that has longer tread wear (260plus), handles water well, and isn't noisy. I don't want to be spending more than 90$ a tire if I have to pay for shipping. What are some of your suggestions, as well as suggestions on where to buy. I was looking at tirerack.com. Thanks for your help...
(my tire size i was looking for was 205/45/16)

BTW- This is my bro's screen-name and due to this site being very non-user friendly, I cannot find a "log out button" anywhere. The only known was of logging off and onto my name is by clearing the cookies, which is kinda a pain in the ass.

91LSspecial
12-12-2003, 12:42 AM
i really like the FALKIN AZINAS and the are really afordable, but no rain adn not goign to last long

cuba3377
12-12-2003, 01:29 AM
I like the sumitomo HTR +
they were rated one of the top ten tires of 03. i belive super street had a episode that dealt with th e top 35 tires, and what was there selling points. might wanna invest in that first ^^

got v-tec?
12-12-2003, 06:20 PM
nitto555 extreme r awesome racing dry tires i have toyo t1-s and there the stickiest tire ive ever had but there wet/dry
but there hella good winter tires too i can stop on a dime in the rain and still have to launch at 4500 to beable to peel out and still cetch the road at like 6000 they act like slicks in the rain.

Add your comment to this topic!