Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

caddy tire/ignition problems

caddyman379
11-01-2003, 02:47 PM
the key for the tires that snaps onto the lugnuts broke when i was changing it and where can i get a new one?

secondly, whenever i try my spare ignition key it wont start. the engine cranks and theres power to everything but it wont pump fuel unless i use the original key? what can i do to correct this?

mind you-the spare is the one i got from the dealership

bustedratchet
11-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Did the wheel key come with the car ? There should be a key code that came with it for a replacement. I have sometimes removed the wheel locks by pounding a 12 point socket onto them. You spare ignition key sounds like it might be defective and not triggering the passlock,

caddyman379
11-02-2003, 02:34 PM
yeah, its the wheel that came with the car. what should i do about the spare ignition key and the tire lock? should i go back to the dealership or can i call GM or something like that?

bustedratchet
11-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Go to the dealer that made you the key tell them what's happening.Ask them about the wheel key also see what they say. Also look in your owners manual packet look or a card or something with the key code for the wheel key.

dala
11-30-2003, 12:13 PM
The spare key is only to unlock the door not start the car.

x_789
06-09-2004, 10:15 PM
You need to have a key thats programed to start the car. Take it back to dealer.. They can also get you a key for the tires.. X

Add your comment to this topic!