Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RSX potential???

94tegRS
10-22-2003, 09:59 PM
I went to a dealer today and told the guy I got a settlement and that OI wanted an RSX and I got to drive it, and I knew I liked the cars, but was planning on spending my cash on a teg and building it up, but driving the type S today kinda changed my mind, the car just feels so solid, and very quick, I know your supposed to break them in easy but..(thats why you dont buy the one you test drive, im gonna have mine delivered to the dealer with like 1 mile on it direct from factory)

I was just wondering how bad it is on them if you dont break them in like suggested? anyways, I saw a mag comparo where the AEM/INJEN CAI gave it 18HP, and JRSC says their trace header gives it 18HP, so I wuold guess exhaust would give a nice improvement as well seeing as the stock piping looks to be about 1.5-1.75". but I saw a dyno of a RSX type S with I/H/E and it only gained 29HP at the whels, which I know I shouldnt bitch about cuz thats damn good for bolt ons, but why does intake and headers added power add to 35, then getting an exhaust as well only actually gets 29?

and about a turbo, I saw a video of a TC type s beat on a S2000, but having 11:1, is a turbo kit safe to do if you expect to keep your car running good for a long time.

I am like 99% sure now that instead of a built teg Im putting a large lump down on a RSX, id have enough to pay cash but might as well save some for emergencies and build a bit of credit while im at it. but everytime I drive by the acura dealership I stare at the TSX more than I do the RSX, is its performance anywhere near the RSX?, I mean it has a 2.4 ivtec so IM guessing it is prett quick, maybe ill go back when the one guy isnt working and pretend again and drive one to see.

sageprime1
10-23-2003, 05:14 PM
I went to a dealer today and told the guy I got a settlement and that OI wanted an RSX and I got to drive it, and I knew I liked the cars, but was planning on spending my cash on a teg and building it up, but driving the type S today kinda changed my mind, the car just feels so solid, and very quick, I know your supposed to break them in easy but..(thats why you dont buy the one you test drive, im gonna have mine delivered to the dealer with like 1 mile on it direct from factory)

I was just wondering how bad it is on them if you dont break them in like suggested? anyways, I saw a mag comparo where the AEM/INJEN CAI gave it 18HP, and JRSC says their trace header gives it 18HP, so I wuold guess exhaust would give a nice improvement as well seeing as the stock piping looks to be about 1.5-1.75". but I saw a dyno of a RSX type S with I/H/E and it only gained 29HP at the whels, which I know I shouldnt bitch about cuz thats damn good for bolt ons, but why does intake and headers added power add to 35, then getting an exhaust as well only actually gets 29?

and about a turbo, I saw a video of a TC type s beat on a S2000, but having 11:1, is a turbo kit safe to do if you expect to keep your car running good for a long time.

I am like 99% sure now that instead of a built teg Im putting a large lump down on a RSX, id have enough to pay cash but might as well save some for emergencies and build a bit of credit while im at it. but everytime I drive by the acura dealership I stare at the TSX more than I do the RSX, is its performance anywhere near the RSX?, I mean it has a 2.4 ivtec so IM guessing it is prett quick, maybe ill go back when the one guy isnt working and pretend again and drive one to see.

As for breakin in the RSX, look on the forum, i replyed to the question today, its called "braking one in" i think. My answer will answer your question. As for the TSX being like the RSX, yes and no. Yes it is stronger with is k24 engine, but it's not a race car, its a luxury fast car. So upgrading it racelike is possible, but....well i can't really answer that question. If your planning on doing big upgrades to ur whip, you can get an older car for less, make sure the tranny, drivetrain, and chassis is good, and speed the money making that one a super street. However, you can get the type S and up that too, it's up to you honestly. If you like the 2.4L TSX know this, you can bore the k20 engine and make it a 2.4L engine, it has been done. I don't know if the compression's are similar but yeah.

Add your comment to this topic!